Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The weekend with three days off

Hi,

Talk about stunning weather for the long weekend!  Wow.  More of that for Wellington, but loads of snow on Mt Ruapehu, please.

Friday night I eventually got home after riding there in the dark.  And I mean dark.  One stretch near home is completely devoid of street lights at the moment.  When I got home I changed the batteries in my lights.  Hahahah.  I also tried to pump up my new road tyres for my bike ride the next morning and had no joy.  Tried again super early the next morning, hoping that daylight might make it easier.  No.  Went back to bed and read.

Made myself toast in bed
 I opened the doors and enjoyed the still, crisp morning.  It did mean I could see my breath when I exhaled.  But the electric blanket kept up!

Morning just kept getting better

I read and tidied and eventually left the house to do something.  Hahahah.  I went around to see Aidan and her boys.  She'd been out and about with them and decided that takeaways were in order.  I tried her local Indian takeaways and declare them good!

Next morning was stunning - again!  I dropped off some green council bags at Aidan's place and she convinced me I really wanted a walk.  Turns out I did!  I borrowed some clothes and shoes off her and we walked up to the world war two bunkers above Brooklyn.  What an amazing view.  Not a breath of wind.  It was a slice of paradise.

Look at that view!

Your turn!

I went home via the hardware store where I got the best customer service.  I was wearing a skirt, so I am thinking that I need to wear one every time I visit.  I painted my wardrobe doors, while wearing Mike's overalls.

Doors looking good!

Went out for tea at Sally and Andrew's place and caught up with people.  Mike and Toby got back from tramping and Mike got so, so sick!  That night he got up every hour to shout at the toilet.  Poor chap.

That meant it was my job to take the boys to Armageddon (the sci fi convention).  Aidan and Josh dropped off Emerson and Duncan and we walked to the Westpac Stadium.

Three boys on a mission
 The boys loved it.  They bought well, and enjoyed the atmosphere.  We listened to the voice actors for Grandpa Max (Ben 10), Rigby (Regular Show) and the voice of Mario for quite a while.  Back to Aidan and Josh's place for a cup of tea then home to sort out my wardrobe.  Not!  Had a problem hanging it.  One is now half on.  It was a weekend of personal failures really - tyres still flat and wardrobe doors not on yet.  Perhaps I need Mike after all!  :-p

Our side garden looks good
The side garden is done and looks great.  I'll plant some veges this coming weekend.  Awesome!

Lovely morning again here.  My ride in was cold but good.

Have a great week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment