Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Tuesday with nothing

Hi,

Mike surprised me by calling me just after 4pm (well, I missed his call because I was in a meeting while answering another call, so I called him back at about 4.20pm) to say he had the car and did I want a lift home.  Certainly did!

We got home and I cooked tea for us all and Mike worked furiously on the internet.  Then I left Mike to his homework and went for a bath.  The lure of the bath was too much for Mike and he came down and got in with me and we chatted away.  Obviously my temptress ways were far too strong for his weak male mind.  Hahahah.  I have the power.  Bwahahahah!

I was comatose when I got into bed.  Mike was busy working on the internet (again) and calling people.  Even that wasn't enough to keep me awake.  I vaguely heard Mike complaining that it was only 8.30pm and I think that was a commentary on me falling asleep so early.  But, as I was virtually in the land of nod already, his powers of persuasion were definitely diminished.

Today is forecast to be the most dire storm of winter.  Well, perhaps merely the first dire storm of winter.  I'm Gilberting.  But it is so bad I even got a text from Aidan this morning super early pleading with me to take the bus.  Well, as a concession to her fears for my safety, I turned the light on and stepped outside to check the weather.  I never do that!  However, it looked perfectly okay to me so I rode in.  And my heart never got over its usual beats per minute on the way in.  There wasn't anything unusual about the weather - just a typical gusty Wellington morning.  But it is supposed to turn to custard.  The forecast told me it would be at 9am!  How accurate is that?  Wow!  We'll see, eh?

Tonight is tramping club night.  So I'll ride home (unless it is through the forecast custard - in which case I may consider a bus option) and sort out Toby for the evening.  Tomorrow night we're off to see a play.  Benedict Cumberbatch must die.  Weird name for a play.  But Toby is also coming.  Hope he thinks it's okay.  I have no idea what it is about.

Have a marvellous day today.  If you're in New Zealand, batten down the hatches.  Hope everything stays in its place!

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment