Monday, June 23, 2014

The weekend that was busy

Hi,

Yep - a busy weekend.  So busy the housework merely kept pace with the weekend.  Hahahah.  At least the laundry and ironing got done!

Friday night the boys subjected me to Anchorman 2.  Well, they tried.  I was desperately trying to sleep with it on and the boys chortling through it.  I finally got to sleep with about 30 minutes to go.  Toby started talking to me, getting louder when I didn't respond.  Mike, kindly (sure), yelled from the bathroom "I think Mum is asleep!".  Whereupon, Toby yelled at me louder to answer his question.  As you do.  And Mike yelled louder from the bathroom "She's asleep!".  Riiiiight.  Not anymore she's not.

Up to get the boys breakfast the next morning and Mike to start packing for Survival Night.  Oooooo.  He went into Paua Hut and camped in a tent and played with fire and cooked meat with like-minded men.  Hahah.  Does that sound inviting?  They did ask me along, but I declined.  We discovered a day or two back that I had left the park light on in the MX5 and its battery was flat.  So Mike asked me to drop him into town for a pick up from there for his fun.

Benjamin arrived at 5pm and pizzas were ordered and I left to collect Aidan for her birthday dinner (yeah - it's a bit late, but we're both busy).  I texted her asking if she wanted me to come up (she does have 76 steps to negotiate to get to her front door after all).  She replied for me to come up.  So, up the steps I went.  As I got to the front door I heard Aidan barreling to answer the door.  And she came out looking absolutely ready and apologised for making me climb up, only to turn around and go back down.  Hahahah.  I didn't mind.  We drove into town and I parked in the car park behind Reading.  She suggested we find a car park on the street in Mt Vic, but I told her I have a parking demon and would rather just park in a massive car park and pay.  However the parking machine declined my Visa.  I had to ask Aidan to pay.  Oh dear.  This meant she thought I was poor and couldn't afford anything else all night.   I had ample in my cash account.  But I couldn't convince her of that.  Lucky I had already bought the movie tickets.

Aidan enjoying a shiraz at Capitol

We went to Capitol and I ordered the same meal I had with Mike last Saturday.  Aidan did too.  But, it's all about that chocolate dessert at Capitol anyway.  My meal was so yummy.  I really like this place.  We chatted away about this and that.  I convinced Aidan she needed dessert by ordering it for us both anyway.  Her attempt at declining was feeble.  Doesn't she know she has a dessert stomach?  The chocolate dessert was bittersweet gooey goodness.

Aidan enjoying a G&T at the Embassy

Next door to the Embassy to have a drink beforehand (the photos might indicate Aidan drank her way through the night, but in actual fact, these were the only two drinks she had!  Hahahah) and watch What we do in the Shadows.  What a great lark.  Loved it.  I dropped Aidan off home around 10.15pm - amazed at her staying power, given that is 2.5 hours past her bedtime.

Now I needed some groceries.  Turns out the new Countdown is closed from 10pm, so I drove back into town, grabbed the emergency stuff (milk and bananas) and dropped Benjamin home and crashed into bed.

However, my sleep was pants.  Stayed awake for a while and then woke early.  Gah!  But we had to get up early anyway because it was the 10km Fun Run day!  Toby and I went into Westpac stadium and met up with the Scots crowd and Toby had a ball.

Guide Dogs was the reason to get sponsorship!

Our race numbers
Toby took off at the start and I saw him once more about 300m down the concourse and then saw him at the halfway point when he was already on his return.  He was a walking machine!  He did it in 1 hour 32 minutes.  I was 5 minutes behind him!  We had a lot of fun.  Next year though, we're running it!

Back home to get some reading in and Mike was home nice and early.  He took Toby out while I did some ironing.  Then Mike dropped him off and we started the wee green car.  Aidan dropped in to grab some music and Mike sorted out her rental car headlights and then I took the wee green car for a long run.  It behaved perfectly.

Mike went out to see "What we do in the shadows" and also enjoyed it. He loved the flatting aspects to it.  Brought back memories for him.  Not that he flatted with vampires, of course!

I need to tell you about the bike shed here at work.  A few weeks ago we had a flood and the lift shafts filled with toxic looking (smelling) water.  They pumped it dry, but I think something overflowed into the shed and died there.  The shed now smells like Epoisse cheese.  My eyes don't water and I can still breathe when I'm in there, so it isn't quite in the same league as Epoisse.  But now I don't leave my gloves or helmet in there for fear of smelling like a pungent cheese when I'm out riding.

Hope you have a wonderful week!  Michelle's birthday this week!  Oooooo.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment