Monday, June 16, 2014

The weekend with Mike's birthday celebrations

Hi,

What a lovely weekend.  Friday night I rode home to collect Toby and we decided on Indian takeaways.  Yummo.  And no cooking needed.  I collected Mike from work and picked up the dinner.  We watched a dreadful movie (Anchorman - the first one) and the boys chortled all the way through it.  I tried to read.

Up the next morning to get ready for the day.  A few messages were needed for the birthday celebrations.  Mike had to go to work.  Toby and I went into Queensgate for our things.  We got baby shower presents and Mike's major present.

We came home via the supermarket and put away the groceries for tomorrow just in time.  I ordered pizza and Benjamin arrived seconds after Mike.  Mike got changed and we headed off to Capitol for dinner.  It was soooooo good!  My meal was scrumptious.  Mike chose Capitol after I went "I love Capitol.  Would you like to go there?" about three times.  Hahahah.


Panorama of our dinner at Capitol
After that we popped next door and watched Edge of Tomorrow.  Mike didn't want to see it, but nothing else much grabbed our fancy.  He heckled the movie for the first 20 mins until the fighting started.  Then he enjoyed it a bit more.

Back home and dropped Benjamin off before caving into sleep.  Up early to make the slow cooker lunch.  It smelled amazing.  I made this after my sister Shona liked it on Facebook.  Lemon artichoke chicken  I had to leave Mike with a load of prep while I went to Sophie's baby shower.

That was a lot of fun!  Hahahah.  Played a few games, I surreptitiously watched the England v Italy football game, ate lots.  Great fun!  Sophie looks wonderful.  She is due towards the end of July but if she gives birth early, I would not be surprised!  I got her to pose next to her arcade console.  Mike and Toby need to come and visit and play for hours!  And what a lovely view out the window to the south!  Mt Kau Kau is on the horizon.

Sophie and her arcade console.  And her bump.

Back home and I got there in time for dessert.  Caught up with Col and Iona which was a lovely surprise.  They pointed out it was their first time at our house!  Wow.  Remiss of us.  And they also pointed out we haven't been to their "new" house.  Oh dear.

John was away in Auckland with Ramble.  It's hard having a star as your pet.  Ramble has been called up to star in the Auckland production of Annie after his stunning performance in Wellington.

Birthday lunch!
Mike played with his new birthday present (a laptop) in the afternoon and we went to bed to watch Cosmos with Toby before lights out.  I was exhausted!

Up early to give Mike his present today!  Happy birthday to Mike!  Toby was so sleepy he said he'd stay in bed and just listen!  Hahahah.

Sleepy Mike opens his present

 I rode in and left with a slight drizzle.  I thought it was dry!  But as I rode in further, it rained harder.  Oh dear!  Typical Mike birthday weather.

Have a wonderful day!  Wish Mike a happy birthday if you want to make his day!

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment