Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Monday with an IT thing after work for me

Hi,

The internet is broken at work this morning.  Goodness knows what will happen to this blog posting.  Last night was interesting.  I was on a careers desk at Naenae College for a Pasifika event where they try and introduce pacific island kids to career options.  The police had a stand, as did the armed forces.  An apprenticeship place.  A sports place.  And us.  Science and technology.  Trying to encourage the kids to consider a career in science.  Like me.  Hahahah.  Not sure that an old pakeha woman was the best advert for a career in IT for young 14 year old Samoans.  But I enjoyed myself.

The woman organising it dropped me back at work around 7.45pm and I got changed and rode home.  After Mike told me he wasn't in a fit state to come and collect me and it was such a nice night for riding home.  Cheeky monkey.  But he was right.  It was lovely.  Not a breath of wind.  And an amazing sea cloud came in through the harbour heads and rolled slowed into the harbour.  Looked incredible.  I was transported to San Francisco.

View from Wadestown - I missed the best view

I got home and Mike fed me some dinner and before I knew it I was in bed.  Mmmmm.  Bed.  Sleep.  Lovely.  Slept like a log until just before my alarm.  Woke up and went for my run.  Still lovely weather.  No wind at all.  Did an ok time and then back for shower and breakfast.

Toby is still off sick today and I have cancelled his appointment this afternoon.  I think he'll be ok for tomorrow though.  With just a remnant of his cough.  I am hoping I don't get it for this weekend's race.  Fingers crossed.

Busy at work today.  I'd better get stuck in.

Have a marvellous day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment