Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Tuesday with my birthday - and the best birthday ever

Hi,

Well, it is going to be hard to top that birthday.  No, wait!  I happen to think next year might be even better given it is a super special birthday.  Woot!  Party time next year!

My lunch with Aidan for my birthday was so great.  We drove in the wee green car to La Cloche and Aidan didn't even have to think about what she wanted.  Their French onion soup is her idea of heaven.  I had a seafood casserole thing.  Of course, I didn't touch my salad until Aidan said "Aren't you going to eat your salad?".  Sounding awfully like Mike there.  So, I ate a bit, poked at it.  Behaving awfully like Toby there.  And the waiter chap came up in his French way and laughed at me for not eating my salad and said I had no right to eat the dessert that was completely finished on my plate.  Aidan then said it was ok because it was my birthday.  Whereupon he promptly gave me a continental kiss and hug.

Funny.

I got the best present from Aidan possible,  Well, I got a cool drink bottle.  But inside that card in my hand below is a voucher for a day bike riding with her.  Yep!  Going to cash that in as soon as I can.

Birthday present from Aidan
The best birthday present Aidan could possibly get me!


I dropped Aidan off at work and found the same car park free I had left.  How lucky was that?  Back at work, a colleague (not Mike) had bought me flowers and chocolates.  Wow!

My secret admirer at work.  No - it wasn't Mike

The afternoon sped past and before I knew it I was leaving work like a mad thing.  I collected Aidan and dropped her home (she had to get her car and collect her boys - it was mother frantic after school time, obviously) and got home to quickly see Toby and jump back in the car for birthday date night.

We watched Land Ho! - a movie set in Iceland about two older men on a road trip.  Mike and I loved it.  It was sweet.  The scenery was beautiful.  We'd been to a few places and nudged each other every time we spotted something familiar.

Only 4 other women were in the cinema.  And they were quite a bit older than us.  After the movie, two of them were outside talking about it and said how boring the movie was.  I decided it was because it was a movie about men, and men don't talk like women do.  So more was said about the two men in the movie by what was unsaid.  But these two women didn't realise.  They were waiting for a huge dramatic conversation to explain everything.

Mike and I went to Charley Noble after that and Mike now thinks it is the best restaurant he has been to in Wellington.  I had crudo (again) and lamb shoulder (again).  Mike had aracini and sirloin steak.  Everything was perfection.  Mike drank a shiraz with his meal and then asked the waitress for a dessert wine recommendation.  He got offered the 4 wines as a taste.  He loved it.  He also got a tiramisu and that looked good too.

Back home and I dropped off Benjamin and sang my head off driving back home.  Collapsed into a sleep!

What an incredible birthday.  So many people wished me happy birthday.  It was really amazing.  I said to Aidan I wish I had a birthday every day.  She said I'd get tired with it and it wouldn't be special.  She also wondered why I think a birthday is special in the first place.  Although she also recalled thinking it was special when she was a child.  Maybe I haven't grown up in this regard.

Hahahah.  Mike also wondered when I was going to finally get old.  Not yet, Mike!

Wonderful.  Thanks everyone.  Thanks Mum.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment