Friday, February 20, 2015

The Thursday where we were transported to Athens

Hi,

Happy birthday to Scottie. And Richard.  And Alistair. Busy birthday day.  An absolutely manic day at work.  But the evening was superb.  Mike left me the car keys unexpectedly during the day so I got my bike gear ready and went down to get my bike.  As I got it all out of the shed, something made me check the car keys in my hand.  Oh!  I had the wee green car.  Hahah.  Put my bike back and went to drive home.

I cooked up some tea for Toby and Mike got home just as I was making omelettes.  So we ate those and then left to meet Sharron (and Christine, as it tuned out) at Shakespeare in the Dell at the Botanic Gardens,  It was a showing of Timon of Athens and it was great fun!  Christine turned up halfway through the first half!  She got lost finding the Dell and wandered all over the gardens after parking super close.
Feet and play
Feet, play and ducks

Almost done.  Nice and dark


We had hotties (good plan) and some chocolate (not enough) and I sprawled over the blankets.  Mike and Toby got chairs and Mike only had a t-shirt on so he got really cold towards the end.  He rummaged around in our bag and took out my merino hoodie.  It looked pretty funny on him.  Like a wee waistcoat type of thing.  I hope it still fits me!

Went home and collapsed into a coma of sleep.  I am way too tired today.

Weekend looks great.  I have my birthday present tomorrow.  French cooking class in Martinborough with Sally and Janne.  Ooooooooo.  Maybe karaoke Saturday night.  Running and cycling are in my plans.  The following weekend is my race so I need to make sure my bike is primed.  Oh - and me.

Have a lovely weekend.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment