Monday, February 23, 2015

The weekend with a French cooking class

Hi,

What a great weekend.  I got home on Friday to sort out Toby.  He'd been off sick and it was uncertain if he'd be up for Dad Camp at the weekend.  As it turned out, he wasn't.

Saturday morning I was up super early - for a Saturday.  6am.  But I got distracted and I didn't get into the shower until 7am.  Oops.  From there I ran out of the house and dropped off some lost property at the Tabor household.  Aidan was waiting for me at the letterbox to receive the goods and return our lost property.  Yes, we seem to cycle our belongings between our boys.  Aidan was understandably still suitably dressed for 7.30am on a Saturday in her purple robe and pyjamas.  Half her luck.

But, actually, I was off on an adventure.  So I was rather excited.  I left town and was at Sally's place by 7.50am.  I briefly saw Andrew after his late night flight back into Wellington from Sydney last week for his Masters course.  He looked sleepy.  And Sally and I were off over the hill to Martinborough.

We got to Martinborough at about 8.50am and had a lovely breakfast at Cafe Medici.  Yum.  Last time I was there was with Aidan after a bike ride.  I enjoyed the iced coffee again - it must be good and consistent.  Had Eggs Benedict.

Great iced coffee at Cafe Medici

Brekkie was good too

We had so much time before the course started at 10am that Sally and I relaxed and chatted for a bit.  Then we went to Palliser Estate (on the way out of Martinborough, towards Featherston, on the right just before the 100 km sign) and waited there.  Janne was next to arrive.  Careme is the cooking class.  Jo Crabb is the chef.  Well recommended.

Wee green car at Palliser Estate in Martinborough

The other 5 on the course with us were a family.  Mother, three girls and a daughter in law.  They were lovely!  Chatty, game for anything.  Good fun.

Gesiers - first course.  Yum!

We made loads of things.  Lunch and dinner.  I think.  Croque Monsieur and some potato thing with salted fish in it, for lunch.  And dinner was heaven.  Gesiers as the starter - on salad.  It was so good.  And then lamb, with basil, parsley and bacon stuffing.  Mmmmmm.

Janne and me - waiting to start!

My place setting

The lamb was superb!

I ate seconds!

We also made two desserts.  A pear tart - which I thought I wouldn't enjoy but was actually really good.  And these chocolate pots of bittersweet goodness.  The best!  I will try and make that for my boys.

Dessert - I will make the chocolate pots again


Sunday was a bit more relaxed.  I did do my bike ride and run and did it in 1 hour 9 mins.  I hope I go under the hour next Sunday in the race!  I did have a bit of fluffing around during the transition from bike to run that I won't have on Sunday.

Grocery shopping was part of the day too.  And a long chat to the neighbour, Arthur.

This morning was thunder and lightning.  We hardly ever get that.  The sky looked amazing.  I got to work relatively dry though.

Loved the sky this morning

Here is my lunchbox today.  Mmmmm.  Must be time for tea and a piece of fruit already.
Inside my lunchbox today


Have an awesome day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment