Monday, February 16, 2015

The weekend with bits and pieces

Hi,

Happy birthday John!

Well, my Friday got off to a great start with drinks after work.  Then I got a text from Mike saying I needed to collect him from work because he had the car and had already had too much wine to drive home.  Hahah.  So I went back to work and waited for him while he got waylaid by people wanting him to work at that hour on a Friday.  Eventually I dragged him out and we got burgers on the way home.  Toby had found the chocolate cream (in a can) and drinking chocolate and was concocting a milky chocolately monster.

We watched a movie.  Or I watched a lot of it and the boys watched and loved it.  22 Jump St.  Whatever.  My movie taste and Toby's movie taste is diverging.  Mike says his movie taste and Toby's is converging.  Gone are the days when Toby wants to see movies like Frozen with me.

Saturday Mike work with a migraine.  He took medicine and then slept for a good portion of the day.  I did the essentials like laundry and also managed to read a bit.  Isaac arrived at 4pm for a sleepover and I texted Aidan to see if her boys wanted to come too.  They did!  Yay.  So I cooked tea for them all and they played games downstairs and enjoyed some time in the park.

All four boys on Toby's bed
They watched the same movie Saturday night as us on Friday.  Great!  Not!  And they were all asleep around 10pm.  I was, anyway!

Up early Sunday morning to meet the rest of the Tabor family at Maranui cafe for breakfast.  Mmmm.  Jackie was back with two friends of hers and we chatted away to them for ages.  And breakfast was good.  As usual.

I went grocery shopping on the way home and then we had lunch.  I went for my run and did a good time.  Emerson and Duncan had their stuff collected by Aidan at 2pm but they were at the park.  So when they got back, I dropped them home.

After that, it was off to Isaac's house for tea.  And what an awesome tea it was.  Yum.  I even ate green beans.  Sally cooked a great dinner.


Two beers from Marlborough to commemorate the US vs NZ.  One with American hops and one with NZ hops.  Mike loved them
NZ hops one


Tim had these two beers that Mike and he drank.  They loved them.  Tim owns shares (crowd sourcing) in the brewery in Marlborough.  An American hops beer and a NZ hops beer.

We stayed well past my bedtime.  Got home late and fell into bed.  Slept like a log.

It's birthday week!  Tomorrow is the big day.  And the forecast is stunning.

My ride in this morning was nice and dry but there is a nip in the air still from the southerly we had over the last 5 days.

Have a fantastic week.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment