Monday, February 2, 2015

The weekend with nothing much - for a change

Hi,

I did go and look after Toby, Emerson and Duncan on Friday night at their house while Mike went out to play with Jackie, Josh and Aidan.  Well, I was in the house.  Supervision might be a loose interpretation of what I was doing.  I got them burgers and they scoffed those then went to play on the computer.  So I got comfortable on the couch.  Tickled Lulu.  And fell asleep.  I reckon I had a good two hour nap.  Woke up when they all got home.

Reading on the couch

Mike tickling Lulu on the bed

Took the boys home and watched an awesome documentary on honey badgers.  Honey badgers seem to be like Tasmanian Devils.  Voracious for their size.  Smart.  Loads of character.  Toby and I watched it all, fascinated.  Mike's night out caught up with him and he snored through it.

Mike cooking breakfast

Next morning Mike got up and make me some toast.  Mmmmm.  And a cup of tea.  Mmmmm.  And stayed in his towel for ages.  Hahahah.  I went out to collect Aidan for an exercise class with her.  Barre.  It was so hard.  It probably didn't help that I forgot my water at home and had to share Aidan's supply.  But I made it through the hour intact.  I dropped Aidan home and went back to do some chores at home.

We did a minimal amount of work, really before Andrew called in the afternoon and asked for some IT help.  So we went around there.  After finding out the weed sprayer was perfectly fine because the missing pieces were actually inside the backpack.  Oops.  And talking to the neighbours for an hour.

But we got to Sally and Andrew's place and Sally and I went shopping for a BBQ.  Mike cooked it up and then we had the brazier.  Such fun.

Brazier night

I heard a camera!


Eventually I took the boys home and we fell into bed, exhausted.

Sunday breakfast
When I got up on Sunday, I read on Facebook that our neighbour had found a new cafe in Wadestown.  We exchanged posts and then Mike got up and went to get breakfast from there!  Look at that!  Le Marquis.  Very nice food.

Then Emerson and Duncan arrived to play and I went for my run.  Did a good time.  Not my best, but pretty good.  And then I went to see Christine.  She is good too.  Still has a sore shoulder though.  Brian fed us and then I helped Christine move Tom's bedroom around.

Back home and Mike cooked tea and I ironed.  Boring.  Then into bed to watch Time Team America from 2014.  Awesome.  I fell asleep within 20 minutes.  But never mind.

Have a wonderful week.  A short one for us in New Zealand.  Waitangi Day is on Friday.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment