Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Monday with no Toby

Hi,

Ok - I am going into Toby withdrawals.  He left yesterday morning on the ferry to tramp in Abel Tasman national park for the week with school.  I miss him already.  But, at least it means I can clean his room from top to bottom in his absence and have it stay clean for a few days!  Woot!  It is a mess!

Mike was in Christchurch for work yesterday, as was Josh.  I managed to have lunch with Aidan and we contemplated how funny it was that at that moment, all our boys were in the South Island.  We went to Trade Kitchen and although my lunch was scrumptious, Aidan was definitely not impressed with her lunch.  She had the honey soy salmon and screwed her nose up in the way she does when she doesn't like something.  So I tried a mouthful of her fish.  And she was totally right.  It wasn't nice.  Not off.  Just not fresh.  On its last legs.  Or not, given it was a fish.  So, avoid salmon there.  But the open sirloin sandwich is superb.  It was disappointing.  And has only renewed Aidan's vow to be a vegetarian and only visit Asian restaurants.

I rode home after work and enjoyed the lovely evening.  However, a car decided to do a three point turn, without indicating, as I overtook it.  Lucky I'd seen the driver driving poorly before that and was wary and watching them.

I grabbed the car and collected Sally and Andrew on the way past their work.  Mike caught a taxi from the airport to Ombra in Cuba St and we all met there.  The food was great.  Like tapas.  Loved the venison meatballs.  Eggplant Bolognese was good too.  Although everything was a bit more salty than I am used to.

Sally and Andrew check out the earthquake strengthening work

Cute Police Box salt and pepper shakers on our table

We looked around at the restaurant and wondered what was there before it became Ombras.  Someone eventually recalled it was a sex shop.  Hahahah.  Much better use of the site!

We dropped Sally and Andrew back home and crept into bed.  I slept so well.  Mmmmm.  Sleeeeeepppp.

This morning is lovely here.  I enjoyed my ride in.  Great fun!

Have a fantastic day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment