Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The Tuesday with lunch with Aidan and Mike in Chch

Hi,

Well, I was a bit grumpy all through the day.  No reason.  Just grumpy.  Work, I guess.  But at least I had lunch with Aidan and although I wasn't the best company, she at least made me temporarily happy.  We ate at a wee place tacked on to the Backbencher, Basically sells coffee with a sideline of food.  Greg (her colleague) joined us.  My sandwich was good.  My cookie wasn't quite so good. I tasted Aidan's soup and possibly for tomato and capsicum soup it was pretty good.  But it tasted far too healthy for me - like tomatoes and capsicum blended together.

I rode home and made some dinner for Toby as he started his maths homework.  We worked on it for 3 hours.  The most amazing things was, no one shouted.  Three hours of torture, but we had a few laughs and Toby has realised if he hugs me at the right moment, it stops me from getting too cross.  So I got hugs, and we got 80% of his maths done.  We get to finish it tonight.  Oh yay!  I mean:  Yay!  Yay!  I should be enthusiastic.  Anyhow, I left the hardest 20% for Mike to do with him, but it turns out Mike is busy.  So it is me for that last hard 20%.  Joy!  I was texting Aidan during the maths arduous marathon and of course she had her marathon x 2!  I really felt for her at that moment.  I was in bed almost asleep at 2100 and she was still going.

New Zealand won the cricket.  I was sure they wouldn't so I never followed it.  Followed the first few overs and then scared myself silly so I went to sleep.  It was a huge surprise to hear they had won when I woke up.  Wow.

Harbour this morning as I rode in


My ride in was superb.  The rain had stopped and the roads were dry.  I hurtled down the hill, stopping to take a photo of the harbour with its multitude of shades of grey and cruise ship coming in and container ship leaving.  It looked amazing with the sun coming up behind the clouds.

Right.  Time for a tea.  My computer wants a reboot and it doesn't take no for an answer.

Have a marvellous day!

Love,
Angela

1 comment:

  1. Was that the Tuesday with Lunch, with Aidan and Mike in Chc? Or the Tuesday, with Lunch with Aidan and Mike, in chc? Commas matter they do!

    ReplyDelete