Monday, March 9, 2015

The weekend with Christine's birthday

Hi,

Had a good weekend.  The weather was astonishing on Saturday.  It rained cats and dogs.  It also happened to be Christine's birthday.

I went grocery shopping with Aidan beforehand.  Mike took the boys and Isaac and Jake to bowling.  Aidan may debate it, but I think we got the best deal.  We had to get the lunch supplies for the school camp week.  Mission accomplished.  Although Mike let Toby eat some crucial supplies so we had to go out again on Sunday!  Hahaha.


Saturday afternoon saw Aidan and me early at Hippopotamus for the high tea for Christine's birthday.  It was fun, and I am pleased I have tried it.  But the high tea I had with Karen and Sally in Sydney was better.  A buffet where I could eat the savoury things was far better.  This one had lots of sweet things.  But it was good fun.  We met Sarah and Kim, both friends of Christine's.

High Tea at Hippopotamus
We may have been the last ones there

Tasty

Aidan dropped me home and I took the boys out.  Mike to a party and Isaac home.  Then Toby and I chilled at home.  He wanted sushi, and I had all the ingredients so I made it.  It was yummy.
Saturday night sushi

Toby and I watched Top Gun for our Saturday night movie.  Hahahah.  It was great fun!

As I got into bed, Mike texted to say he was leaving his party and walking home.  SO I threw on my sandals and a top and drove out to find him.  He was chuffed!

Next morning we were up early for breakfast at Drexels with Lesley and Wally.  Celia made it too, with her girls, Eva and Charlie.  We had such a good time.  Toby loved the girls.

Sunday morning brekkie

The coluring-in was a huge success - even for Mike

Hello Lesley!

Under the table fun - Toby is getting a bit big for it - his knees are around his ears!


After that it was time for the fridge move out of Christine's kitchen and up to Auckland.  Lucky we had three strong guys.
Fridge on the move

Fridge descending Mt Vic


After saying goodbye to Wally, Lesley and the fridge, we had a cup of tea on the porch, enjoying the view.  The music from Home Grown was awesome.  Crash and Burn.  I like that song.

Went home and made cookies for Toby's camp week.  They were amazing.  I should bake more often!

ANZAC cookies.

I also noticed an anal tendency in Mike I never knew existed.  He'd lined up all the clothes pegs in colour order.  Freakish behaviour.  I think his Dad would say he was exhibiting migrainous behaviour.
My husband exhibiting anal tendencies I never knew he had

Got up early today for my run.  It was ok - the day was still and dry.  Lovely.  T-shirt weather for the ruin still.  Then the boys were out of the house by 7am and collected by Josh.  He was dropping them at the ferry terminal and heading to the airport.  Turns out both Mike and Josh are in Chch for the day!

Have an awesome week.  We're childless this week.  Usually all that means is we work longer hours at work.  Hahahah.  But if I get some nice meals out, I'll be happy.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment