Monday, March 2, 2015

The weekend with the duathlon

Hi,

What a great weekend, despite Toby's continuing cough.  Poor wee chap.  Mike and I had a Friday night social event with work and took the ferry over to Eastbourne, had a drink there, before coming back to Wagamama for dinner.

After that we caught up with Luke and everyone for drinks and then karaoke.  Woot!  Great fun!

Mike's duet

Mike's duet partner jumps back off the table
People getting right into it
Hilarious lyrics.  Should be "ricochet"

Home late.   Ooooo.  And I was up early for Barre class with Aidan and Celia too.  It was a bit of a shock to my system.  Made it through the class ok and then home to relax a bit.  Toby was feeling sorry for himself so we cuddled up and watched an old movie.  Short Circuit.  It was ok.



Then late afternoon I headed off to Mary's house in Paraparaumu Beach.  She has a beautiful house out there, right on the river.  Her family were away in Taupo for the weekend, so we had her six bedroom house to ourselves.  It was like I'd been transported to a resort for the weekend.

We went for a walk and explored the area outside her house.  Got to the river and the beach where we've always gone with Tabors.  Except on the other side.
Just outside Mary's house is Waikanae river
And we walked to the beach



We watched a movie on XBox - called Lucy.  With Scarlett Johansson and Morgan Freeman.  It was an ok movie.

Great TV room


Mary cooked a great tea of spaghetti Bolognese and we were in bed as soon as the movie finished. Up early to get ready for the race.  Put the bikes int he van and we were down there by 8.15am.  Found a nice close carpark and racked our bikes in the Duathlon area and relaxed before it started.

Sunday morning I was ready
Got my number on!




Mary is finished
We're both finished

I think I did an ok time.   The timings come out tonight (Monday).  I am hoping I got under an hour.  If I did, it was the bike riding that did it.  The run was a bit harder.

I saw Vivienne on the start line and she looked ready for it!  I think she did a good time.  John and Ramble were there, and John couldn't keep up with her.  So I think she was hooning through it.

I ran past John at one stage and yelled out "Hello John".  He politely said hello and I watched his face as he tried to figure out who was running past him with a cap and sunnies on.  I think the penny dropped as I disappeared.

Back home and Mary tested out my road bike so I could convince her that was what she needed to bring her time down a lot next year.  I think it did the trick.

Mary road testing my bike

Look at Marty's house!  It's gorgeous

I left and got home around 1pm and convinced the boys to take me out to lunch.  Taste - in Khandallah.  Very nice.  Then I took Toby to Queensgate and popped in for a cup of tea at Sally and Andrew's place.


Taste - yum!


 And home to get ready for the week.

I am taking Toby back to the doctor today.  He still hasn't stopped coughing.  Poor kid.

Right.  Time to kick start the day.

Love,
Angela







No comments:

Post a Comment