Monday, March 23, 2015

The weekend with bored games

Hi,

Hahahah.  My blog post title is the best pun I've made yet!

Happy birthday to Sally for yesterday!

Friday I chatted to Ange before leaving work.  Mike came online and he was going to come with me so I pinged him.  And it turns out my message to him was in front of the company meeting upstairs.  Lucky I never said anything cheeky like "Hey gorgeous, how about it?".  That might have started rumours between Mike and me.  It was the second time that week I had pinged him and it was in a meeting where it popped up.  He needs to use the "Do Not Disturb" status more,

We drove home and Mike and Toby got burgers while I made a salad for myself.  Mmmm.  My favourite.

Saturday I stayed in bed late and then got up for a shower and off to buy groceries for lunch because Mike had invited the neighbours over for board games.  And although they chose possibly the least boring game (Rails - in Australia) it went for 4.5 hours and it was well past my attention span.  We did have fun.  I ate yummy cheese and I enjoyed watching Mike and Art discuss the finer intricacies of the game.  Watched through my eyelids.
Mike makes a move in Queensland

Mike made his pot luck dinner after that and headed off for the evening while Toby and I relaxed at home.  I made sushi for tea and I am unsure if my attempts are getting better looking or not.  But Toby ate seconds.  So they must be ok.

Toby's firsts

Mine


From dinner, I read a bit and then Toby and I went to sleep.  Although I think I was awake when Mike got home from his dinner.  He had a great time and his salad was a huge hit.

Next morning was wet, wet, wet!  I was supposed to go watch Aidan shoot some arrows at her archery but the weather wasn't playing nicely.  So I went for my run and did my best time ever.  Happy with that.  It stopped raining on me as I started.  No wind.  Very nice.


Feet after the run


Then I jumped in the car and grabbed some lunch from La Cloche for Aidan as she had canned the archery in favour of me bringing her lunch.  Sounded good to me.  I got some of her new favourite French onion soup and baguette with a lemon tart to finish.  Found her a little under the weather, as she seems to have caught the beginnings of a head cold.  So she was all for cups of tea and lying on the couch.  It was a low key visit.  I enjoyed it.  Aidan ate her soup with relish.  So I think I chose well there.  We chatted about Scotland a fair bit.  It's an easy subject for me to talk about.

Then I went home and Mike decided to iron for me.  I sat and watched him and chatted away to him.  He complained a fair bit about the chore.  It was entertaining.

My well trained husband

We headed out the door for the family dinner at Helen and Ron's place.  It was a huge day because it was Sally's birthday!  Iona and Col were down, as were Aidan and Janne (and it was Aidan's birthday a few days ago).

Iona made birthday cake










Sally carves into her cake

We caught up with everything and enjoyed the chatting.  Then we were off and home.  I finished the ironing before hitting the bed.

Sleeeeeep.  It was great!  Could have gone on for longer.

This morning's ride in was dry enough.  The roads were wet from overnight.  But not too bad.

The week starts!  Woot!

Have fun.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment