Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Monday with nothing

Hi,

Monday came and Monday went.  Although Mike tells me it was quite exciting catching the school bus in the morning.  They were running late and chased the bus down the hill.  At the bottom, Toby jumped out but his bus pulled away from the stop as he ran there.  However the traffic lights just ahead turned red so Toby ran to the bus at the intersection and the bus driver let him on and Mike breathed a sigh of relief at not having to drive Toby across town to school.

Today is a wee bit different.  Mike is in Christchurch so he drives to the airport.  And given Toby's school is close by, they go together.  Fun!

Last night I rode home and chatted away to Toby as he did his homework.  He enjoyed his English writing course a lot.  He was ten minutes late for it at the start and they nearly didn't let him join in.  But he managed to convince them to allow him in.  And he got a lot out of it.  I wish I could find him a creative writing course to do in Wellington.

I made dinner and Mike got home nice and early.  After tea the boys went out for a run.  Sounds like it went well.  Then we all went to bed.  And I thought we all went to sleep because I certainly did.  But Mike tells me he got up and started working downstairs.  Had a problem with network drives,  Drove into work.  Did something there and came back and still failed with some network issue and then went to bed.

Ummmm.  I never noticed a thing.  I must have been absolutely comatose.  I know I was asleep in minutes because Aidan texted at 8.50pm and I was almost asleep then.  Read her text, responded (gee, I hope it made sense!) and was probably well asleep by 9pm.

Got up for my run and did an ok time (not as fast as Sunday morning - my fastest time yet).  My ride in was lovely.  Dry roads.  Fast ride.

Have a brilliant day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment