Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Monday with Toby home!

Hi,

The Monday came, stomped on me, and left.  But at least along the way I had a nice lunch with Aidan and Greg and then got to see Toby!  Woot!

View of snow capped Tararuas from my desk yesterday

Aidan finally said yes to the new Vietnamese place that has opened across the road from work on Lambton Quay.  We all ordered the pho, with the woman behind the counter being impressed with Aidan's pronunciation.  It was pretty good for my first pho.  Not that I have a lot of compare it to.  But, it was hot, and fresh and the noodles were yum.  So, I call that "pretty good".

Then Mike came past work later and collected me and we went home to eat and tidy before Toby arrived back from Dunedin.  Mike cooked a lovely stir fry and then I tackled the depths of Toby's room.  He even got it luxed.  Wow!

Pretty soon we were off to the airport.  His flight was early.  He was on a prop plane direct from Dunedin.  No television screens.  He was a bit disappointed at that.  But the steward gave him fudge, so that cheered him up.  We got lots of hugs when he got off the plane.  So nice to see him.  He looked so well.

Back home and we read together before going to sleep.  Toby had a bit of trouble sleeping, but we most certainly didn't.

Toby has a week of playdates booked in.  I think I have to arrange one of them to finalise it.

And an appointment today.  So I'll drive home soon, and collect him.

I'm seeing Roz tonight (I think).  She is down in Wellington for work.  Woot!  Toby is coming to dinner with us.

Have an awesome day.

Beautiful morning from my desk


Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment