Monday, July 6, 2015

The weekend with wins everywhere

Hi,

Woot - awesome weekend!  Wow.  They don't get a lot better than that.  Well, I mean, they do get better.  You know, with a weekend away somewhere special, or something.  But for a weekend at home, this was great fun!

Friday night my boys were home sick and I was relaxing at work chatting to people when Sally rang.  Said she was off to Boulcott St Bistro with Andrew and could I join them?  Well, I asked Mike and hurtled off wen he said yes.  Yay!  We ate together and I had the best roast eggplant dish.  Yummo!  The taste of beef (Sally) and coq au vin (Andrew) I got was also pretty good.  But mine was the best.

Actually, now that I think about it, the weekend revolved around food.

I caught a taxi home as the bus was going to be 40 minutes away.  I got home and my boys were happy to see me.  Mainly because I'm not sick and I can run after them.  Hahah.

Friday lunch with Ange and Celia at Rahzoo - I love Rahzoo

Up early enough Saturday morning to start the housework.  I got through a fair bit.  Mike said he was better, but after some breakfast where I was in pyjamas and a t shirt with barefeet and he was in jeans, socks, hoodie and then a snowboard jacket and he said he was still cold - he went back to bed.

I pottered around doing laundry and tidying before heading off to have a cup of tea with Aidan and catch up with her news.  She's coming right after being pretty sick all week with the same thing Mike and Toby seem to have.

From there I went to collect Christine and we met Celia at Bethel Woods for lunch.  Christine talked them into doing the breakfast menu for us.  Yum!

We popped out to see Victor, and groomed him a bit.  Celia had a good ride.  Victor was very good.

Lunch at Bethel Woods

I got the giggles - selfies are hard

Celia in complete control

Yep - Victor going just where Celia points

My feet on the fence

Go the Highlanders
 I was wearing my Otago jersey because it was a big day.  Highlanders versus the Hurricanes in Wellington.  I got lots of comments.  All of them friendly.

Hi Victor!

Dropped Christine off at home via the supermarket and went home to see my boys.  Watched a few movies before the rugby started at 9.40pm (free to air was delayed).  We all shouted at the television.  They must have heard us!  Highlanders won 21 - 14.  Nice effort.

Late to bed and so I was half asleep when Aidan called to ask if I wanted to tag along with her to archery.  Of course!  I jumped in the shower and ran up the stairs to the street.  Timed it quite well.  Jumped in the car and out we went.  It was Aidan's first time for a few months.  But it was such fun.

Aidan shows her skills

Photo from below showing the lovely sky and Aidan's technique from an unusual angle
We may have had a quick lunch at the car dealership she likes (ok, they have a cafe there).  She dropped me home whereupon we all went out to Yum Cha.  Well, me, Mike and Toby.  Toby's idea.


Feet at Inside and Out
Yum Cha!
 From there, Mike went to work and Toby and I saw Inside and Out.  The new Pixar movie.  Great movie.

Toby and I caught the bus home.  Then packed for his trip to Dunedin.  The sunset on the way home was brilliant.

Sunset from our street

We dropped him off at the airport and he caught the plane by himself.  Not unaccompanied.  A wee adult - according to the airline.
Bye Toby!



Toby's plane

The day dawned bright and fresh, Monday morning.  Lovely here.

Sunrise today

Time to find some lunch.  I have been super busy today.  Toby is all good in Dunedin.  I miss him.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment