Monday, July 13, 2015

The weekend with no Toby but loads of activities on

Hi,

Toby comes home today!  Yay!  Can't wait to see him.  Squash his cute cheeks.

But what a weekend, in his absence.  Mike's weekend adventure was cancelled due to all the road closures in the central North Island.  So, he was home with me.

I got a pedicure for my feet on Friday.  Evidence below.  Thanks Sally and Andrew (birthday treat).

Looking mighty fine.  An affair in Red Square 


But I was up and pampered at home Saturday morning with breakfast in bed from Mike.  Then off to see Sophie and wee Pax.  Such a lovely visit.  He is a wee cutie.  Sophie and I walked to Charlie's Cafe near her house and got some lunch.  I got a good iced coffee and now Sophie and I have plans for a brunch there soon.

Looking a bit surprised with this iced coffee.  It was good!



Then off to Adrenalin Forest for Serge's birthday.  Woot!  What fun.  But so tiring.  My technique must be pants because even today my upper body is quite sore.

Safety training
 All of us made it through to level 3.  I did 3a with Celia and James.  It was pretty tough.  James and Serge went onto level 4 while we went for a cup of tea.  Very sensible decision on my part.

Trained and ready

Some of the easier paths

Bit higher


Went home to chat to Mike before going to Siam Reap with Serge and his mates for dinner.
Birthday dinner

 Up super early.  3.45am.  Showered and dressed in ski gear ready for the day trip to Turoa for the first day skiing of the season.  Picked up Doro and Martin and sang most of the way up.  They may choose other transport in future.

Ruapehu from Waiouru

Martin is ready!

Selfie

Snow and Taranaki

Angela and Mt Taranaki

Selfie on the second last run

At base

Sun sets behind me with Mt Taranaki


Pink sunset glow on Ruapehu

Woah!  Awesome sunset
The snow was superb.  They need a bit more, but it was predictable and there was enough of it.  Eventually they opened the High Noon Express although only had one trail groomed down from it, down a black run.  I had a ball on that all afternoon.  Although I was taking the icy trail until Martin told me the other way was lovely.

Almost got a run with Mary from work.  But not quite.  Next time!

Drove home via kebabs in Bulls.  I drove down the mountain with the chains on and felt the car slide a wee bit.  Exciting.  But the rest of the drive was easy.

Today is lovely here in Wellington.

Enjoy your week.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment