Friday, July 10, 2015

The Thursday with dinner out, masquerading as Mike

Hi,

Well, I definitely ate lots yesterday.  I caught up with Aidan for lunch and had dumplings again with her.  My photo made her want after dumplings.  Oh.  Two days in a row, I am now dumplinged out. And then she wanted dessert.  Woah!  I was so full after stuffing a cronut in on top of the dumplings.  But it was such a good catch up with Aidan, I was totally prepared to eat to accommodate her needs.  Hahahah.

It would have done me for the day.  But Mike said he couldn't make the Social Club gourmet event he had arranged so I went in his place.  An intimate affair for 5 of us.  Good fun.

Cafe Pasha 

Bern brought this out of the deep recesses of her cupboard, which we are renaming her cellar


One of us brought along an old bottle of wine from the depths of the cupboard.  A 1998 bottle.  Older than our marriage, Mike!  They all declared it pretty good.  The wine.  Not our marriage.  They don't know what our marriage is like.  We bought loads of 1999 wine back in the day when we got married.  And every year for a while Mike would open one up on our anniversary and compare the wine to our marriage.  See which one had weathered better.  Hahah.  He always gave the right answer.

Right.  Today is so wet.  Not as cold though.  Toby and I have three days in Methven in ten days time.  I can't wait.  We are going to ski, ski, ski!  And eat.  And...  well.  Have fun!

He is enjoying Dunedin.  We chatted lots last night before bed.

Have a fantastic day.  Mike is off to the mountain tonight.  Although all the roads are closed now.  So perhaps not.  I have Adrenalin Forest and a visit with Sophie tomorrow.

Woot!

Have a good weekend.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment