Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Tuesday with Toby home

Hi,

The novelty of having Toby with us is still really high.  And I get smothered in kisses if I get close enough - so I think he also likes being here.  Mind you, he also asked if he could go back this week to visit Nana,  So, perhaps he's in two minds.

Yesterday was a crazy logistics day.  I drove in super early then drove home to get Toby for an appointment across town.  I got him sushi for morning tea and lunch and then back to work,  Mike went out to the car and moved it to the car parking building.  I collected it after work and the car parking ticket man realised it was just me in the car and not my terribly sick husband.  "He's finally at home sick, is he?" he asked.  Hahahah.

I went and collected Toby and we drove out to Spruce Goose for dinner with Fran and Roz.  Woot!  Awesome choice.

Spruce Goose iced coffee gets a 7 from me
Their iced coffee was unusual.  Made with ice cream - like, blended into it, I think.  It was good.  Sweet, and not strongly coffeey.  I quite liked it for a change.  I ate their steak and Toby loved the pieces he had.  But I think he'd eaten a few Tim Tams during the afternoon and was not starving.

Good to catch up with Fran and Roz.  They are off to Rarotonga for their birthday.  Turns out their birthdays are within days of each other and they'd never said.  Lucky things.  I asked them to blog so I could live vicariously through them, but they pointed out their blog would go:

Day 1.  Sat around pool, relaxing
Day 2.  Read book around the pool
Day 3.  Checked out the beach for a swim

And so on.

Hahahah!  Sounds like an unusual holiday.  For me.  But our Samoa holiday was a little similar, I guess.  And on the way home last night (after we collected Mike from town), Mike mentioned he wants to return to Samoa for a holiday.  I vote yes.  And Toby certainly does too.

Rode into work this morning and avoided any rain.  But it is different from yesterday.  Heavily overcast.  And windy.  From the north.

Have a wonderful day.

Love,,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment