Friday, July 8, 2016

The Thursday with Christine to dinner

Hi,

Well, I am really hopeless at taking photos of our dinners.  Lucky I am not a food critic or anything.  Anyway, Mike asked me to take the car home from work, so after my gym class I loaded the bike up and headed off.

I got stuck in Molesworth St traffic - it crawled up from the Beehive to the motorway entrance.  They have it down to one lane for some weird road works.  Anyway, I eventually stopped outside Christine's work and she jumped in.

When we got home, Christine was introduced to Smudge.  And then we cooked tea.  Mustard roast beef with steamed vegetables and roasted kumara.  The horseradish mayo was yummy.  Mike has it for lunch today, so let's see what he thinks.

Unfortunately the times the recipes have for cooking meat are weird.  This was a big haunch of beef, and it was seared in the pan on all sides for 2 mins and then 7 - 9 minutes in the oven at 230C.  I left it in for twice that and it was still very rare.  Ok - I might have even said raw - and I like my meat pretty rare.  Christine needed it done even more.

I eventually left it in for 40 mins and still have to nuke Christine's meat.  And then everything else got cold and stodgy.

Oh well.

Anyway, I collected Mike from the supermarket and dropped Christine home.  She probably ate toast before she went to bed!  Hahahah.

Milk shows the year is going fast

Wee Smudge has taken to trying to climb up your legs.  That was painful in jeans but this morning in my bike shorts it was really not on!  Time to teach her some manners.

It's Friday!  Yay!  We have a Wellington weekend.  Time to finish our massive decluttering we did last weekend,  Can't wait.  Mike is way better at it than me - I think I should go for lots of bike rides instead of decluttering.  So Mike is even more effective without me saying no.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment