Thursday, July 14, 2016

The Wednesday with the first trip to the vet

Hi,

Well, after a strange day at work, I left on time and sat in the car waiting for Mike to arrive.  He rang me as he left work and asked if I was ready.  Yes, I was ready.  He said it would be good if I could leave now and meet him at the car, or he would drive down The Terrace and meet me.  I said I'd see him soon.  He was a bit worried when he got to the car and could see someone in it already.  Hahahah.  he called me a cheeky thing.

Anyway - the reason we had the car was because it was Smudge's first visit to the vet.  She had to get her stitch out from when she was fixed up.  We got her into her cardboard carrier box just fine and took her out into the howling weather up to the car.  Drove her to the vet.  Waited for our appointment (we were a bit early - excited, all of us!).  Met Alistair, the Scottish vet.  He took out the stitch in a second.  He reckons either the birth date of Smudge is wrong, or she is rather little.  We are going to take her in for some more shots in 3 weeks, to be sure.

But Smudge did very well.  She behaved herself.  And we were home rather quickly.  Mike and I started tea and soon we were eating.  The boys liked the beef schnitzel.

Beef schnitzel

We sorted out Toby's bag (mostly) for his trip to visit Jack in Auckland.  Toby leaves at lunch time today.  And off to bed.  I was asleep pretty fast.

The weather woke me twice in the night with lashing wind and rain.  It bucketed down!  Lots of debris over the road as we drove in this morning.

Toby will bus into town at 11.30am and meet Mike.  They'll head to the airport and catch Toby's flight.  Meanwhile - I have meetings, so I can't go to the airport.

It's also Friday for me and Mike today.  We have tomorrow off work together.  Date day!  Woot!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment