Monday, July 25, 2016

The weekend at home being lazy

Hi,

What a lazy, lovely weekend.  I could have more of those, I reckon.  The wind was pretty fierce for most of the weekend - and Saturday had lashings of rain to mix in nicely.  Needless to say, I didn't do anything very physical.

Saturday was largely spent lazing in bed with Mike while Toby played with his mates online.  We read and watched movies.  It was really rather pleasant for a change.  I made tea - lemon tarragon chicken.  Toby loved it - he ate all the leftovers.  We have to cook that one again.


Lemon tarragon chicken was a huge hit!

Sunday wasn't quite an action replay.  We put on bread so that got us up early - Mike and I ate bread for breakfast at the dining table around 8am.  Then I spotted a sunny part of the couch and sat there reading for a good long while.  Bliss.

Ange came around after lunch to see Smudge (and maybe us as well).  Then I went grocery shopping with her.  She likes the Countdown at Crofton Downs - where I have to get my Rooibos supply.

The boys wanted Indian takeaway for tea - so I didn't have to cook.  Just ironed my way to the evening.

This morning is lovely - the sunrise was stunning as I rode in.  

Monday sunrise

I hope to get up for a ski day this coming weekend.  Fingers crossed the weather plays ball.  Week ahead looks good.

Have an awesome day!  Birthday week for my sisters.  Woot!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment