Monday, July 11, 2016

The weekend in Wellington with Japanese food (maybe) and a bike ride

Hi,

What a great weekend - I wish they could all be that much fun every time.  Oh wait.  They are!  Woot!

I hurried home Friday because I got a text from Mike to say that Toby was locked out of the house.  Hurtled home, only to find out that Toby had found his key in his bag and was safely inside.  Oh.

Mike got home and we chilled out for the evening.

Saturday was a lazy start.  The wee cat easily absorbs a lot of time.  She's so cute to play with.  Sally popped in to say hello and brought pastries with her.  She played with Smudge a fair bit.  While we had coffee and pastries, the neighbour, Art, popped in too.

We promised to come to his house to check out books.  After my shower and out of my pyjamas.  Even though Art said pyjamas were fine.  I rather thought not!

Got a few books from Barb and we weren't back home too long before Art came back.  And he chatted to us in the lounge for about an hour.  Hahah.

Then I got a text from Iona and Col to see if I could come out for tea with them.  Jumped at that chance.  We went to an Asian restaurant in Newtown.  It might be "The Ramen shop" or something.  And it might be Japanese.  It certainly had sake on the menu.  And if we get food like that while we're away, I'll be a happy woman.

Back home and crashed into bed.  Up early Sunday for a run with Toby.  But when I went down to see him, he was not enthusiastic about getting out of bed.  I snuggled with him for a bit.  Then tried to get Mike out of bed for our big bike ride.

My "get men out of bed" technique obviously leaves a lot to be desired.  Mike ended up on the second bike ride shift.  I left to meet Iona and Col at Sally and Andrew's place and we headed up to Whitemans Valley and back.  Awesome ride with no wind and a few sun showers from time to time.  Mike, meanwhile, riding around the bays with Sreejith, got no rain at all!


Toby's too sweet concoction

Col catches me!

Looking back down the hill
Iona catches me

An emergency can of V attached to my monitor at work

Iced coffee for July - Mixed Business goodness


Mike drove out to collect me from Sally and Andrew's place, where I was having a cup of tea with everyone.  Big family dinner Sunday night so it was good to catch up with some folks.

Back home to pretend to iron (I didn't) and sort out a few things (crates from work and a few groceries for the week).

Off to bed nice and early.  I loved that!  Mike would have been asleep by 9.45pm I reckon.  I wasn't too far behind.

This morning is stunning.  Gorgeous weather.

Monday morning is gorgeous
Mike and I rode in together and froze!  And a car was at the motorway entrance, covered in powder and holding up traffic with emergency vehicles in attendance.  Not sure what happened there.

Gym after work and then home.  Toby is off school this week and away to AKL on Thursday for a few days to visit Jack.

And I have a brekkie date tomorrow with Fran - continuing our school holiday brekkie tradition.

Woot!

Have a great week ahead.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment