Friday, July 1, 2016

The Thursday with back to the gym

Hi,

Work is still a little bit crazy after my two days off - but I had a meeting or two cancelled late yesterday and all of a sudden, I got some real work done.  So yay for cancellations!  Hahahah.

I was sad though - one of my favourite colleagues had her last day at work yesterday.  She is one of those people that you don't mind when she contacts you, even if you know it'll make you busy - because she has a way of making you feel valued.  And that is worth any amount of your time - right?

Her next workplace is going to be a lucky place indeed!  Good luck, Nicolette!

Anyway - I got to the gym at 4pm with Sreejith and I did an RPM class with him.  I was under some industrial air conditioner that blew my stupidly long fringe into my eyes every thirty seconds and kept me rather cool.  I determined to attack my fringe as soon as I could when I had a free moment at home.

Lamb and lentil stew - with lots of feta

Mike and I made tea - lamb and lentil stew.  And I made sure I put lots of feta on it.  Turns out Sally and Andrew's chiller pack had our meat and their recipes.  So I took photos of our recipes and sent them to her.  We'd best check that in future deliveries.  I'm not as flexible as Sally when it comes to food!  We'd be better off complaining and having the right meat delivered.

I convinced Mike to take a bath with me - mainly because I was freezing cold still from my cool down after the gym.  Mmmmm.  Toasty pie warm after that.

Then I stupidly read for a bit in bed, instead of going straight to sleep.  Doh!  Anyway, I woke to pouring rain and asked Mike if I should still run in or go with him in the car.  He sleepily said run.  So I did.  And I missed any big downpours.  Got to work relatively dry.  And not a bad time.  Feel much better for it.

We have an awesome evening ahead.  Dinner at the Lewis household.  Should be great fun.  I'll take Sally and Andrew home after it too.  Good excuse for a drive and a sing (I'll wait until I drop them off before I sing - I think Sally and Andrew are subjected to too much singing from me and it might offend their real talent to hold a real note - unlike my talent - which begins and ends with enthusiasm).

The weekend is also exciting.  We're going to get a kitten!  Yes!  Our own wee kitten.  We're all very excited.  Even me.

And we have other more mundane tasks ahead.  Like tidying.  Oh well.  Still.  We're getting a kitten!

Have a lovely weekend.

Love,
Angela




No comments:

Post a Comment