Tuesday, August 9, 2016

The Monday in Auckland

Hi,

Had a great day in Auckland yesterday - despite Toby's school ringing me and hearing he had a headache and needed to be collected from school.  Poor Mike had to sort that out.  But I heard back later, and Toby was ok and Mike had him safely at home.

My work was busy and then we met a bunch of people and we went to a lovely Indian restaurant not far from work.  It was for Karin's last week, and the conversation was good fun.  Jacqui, Celia, Janet, Ruan, Nicolette and Karin.  And the food was amazing.

Meat!

Celia and Janet enjoying the dinner

After chatting away to each other for ages, we left and Nicolette and I waited for a bus near Victoria Park.  But eventually Nicolette decided the late hour (9.45pm) and the cold (hahahah!) meant we should catch a taxi home.

Her house is perfect - 2 bedrooms.  Possibly in Birkenhead.  Suburbs in Auckland just confuse me.  I got my Rooibos and went to bed.  Read for a bit (too long) and eventually went to sleep.  Slept right through until my alarm confused me no end.  I had no idea where I was for a moment.  Thought I was in my own bed at home, but my phone was in a slightly weird place.

Anyway, Nicolette fed me breakfast and we caught her bus to town.  15 mins through the traffic due to a bus lane.  Easy peasy.

Got a busy day here and then off to hopefully see Roz for a cup of tea before my flight.  If that works out.

Have a great day!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment