Friday, August 5, 2016

The Thursday with RPM with Sreejith

Hi,

Had a weird phone call from Mum in the middle of a meeting at work.  But when I rang back, it turns out she had clicked a button accidentally.  So we had a chat on Facebook messenger's phone app.  When she discovered that was free, she was even more overjoyed.  Hahah.

After a busy day at work, and a RPM class with Sreejith, it was good to finally get out of work and ride home.  It was good, but not too windy.  Got home and gave Toby his favourite sushi.  Mike got home not too long afterwards and he made himself tea.

After sitting with the cat for a while, Mike headed off to a mate's house to tune my skis.  Bonus!  My skis now look fantastic and the snow is deep and fluffy up there.  2.5m at Whakapapa.  Woot!  We are up there for the next two weekends (not this one coming though).  So I have my fingers crossed for continued good snow.

I went to bed and crashed.  Mike got home and also crashed.  He was tired before he left.  It's been a tough week.

Friday is upon us.  My ride in was cold, but the roads were surprisingly clear.  The rain during the night was heavy - but the cold wind is dry and the roads aren't too bad.

Hoping for a bike ride tomorrow and maybe a ski day trip Sunday.  But at the moment the weather up at the mountain looks good for snow leopards - and not much else.  Maybe some Yetis.  Yaks.  Transplanted penguins.  Oh wait.  The other creatures would also be transplanted.  Ok - the weather is only looking good for hardy organisms and that discounts me really.  Well, if I was already up there, I'd ski.  But driving for 8 hours to ski in a blizzard isn't really what I am after.

Let's see eh?  I am in AKL Monday and Tuesday so you might not get any blogs.  You might have to wait until Wednesday before you find out about my weekend adventures.  Grim, I know!

But have a wonderful weekend anyway.  My Japan trip is this month and I am getting very excited.  Woot!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment