Wednesday, August 10, 2016

The Tuesday in Auckland

Hi,

I really enjoy visiting Auckland - I feel like such a tourist there.  Work went well, and it was a trip well worth it.

However, I have misgivings about the two weeks I will be away in early September as my boys didn't cope well in my absence.  I was gone two days, and things fell apart.  Pretty sure they lived on takeaways.  Mike took a photo of Toby's lunchbox on Monday and sent it to me.  It had the normal snacks, but instead of sandwiches, there was $5.  Hahah.  But that was waaaaaay better than his lunch on Tuesday.  When Mike picked me up from the airport and I asked about the lunches, Mike gasped when he realised he totally forgot to send Toby to school on Tuesday with any lunch - or lunch money.

Toby is going to starve for two weeks when I am away.

Yes, I am now slightly nervous about that aspect.

Anyway, Auckland was good.  Nicolette looked after me (I got a hot water bottle for my bed!), as did my colleagues in Auckland.  Janet was her usual fantastic self.  I'll miss her (again!) when she leaves.

I missed Roz at the airport though - her work turned to worms.  But I was happy enough sitting at the gate, reading, until my flight left.  And I hope to see Roz before my Japan flight in a few weeks.

As I mentioned, Mike collected me at the airport.  It was really nice to see him.  We got home, and Toby was involved with his PC but let me hug him lots (silently, as he was chatting to his mates and he didn't want them to hear his mother whispering soppy things to him).

When I got to bed, I was asleep in seconds.  It was a deep, deep sleep.

This morning is stunning here.  Really gorgeous.


Sunrise this morning in Wellington
My bike ride in was great fun!  Although a car overtook me on the way down the hill.  That was a little unexpected.  There isn't much visibility for cars on that hill to go over the other side of the road.  I would have pulled over but they didn't even slow down on their approach.  By the time I knew they were behind me, they were actually overtaking.  Fools.

But, the day starts here.  I have ample Rooibos supplies.  I am wearing a jersey to stay warm.  The heat is probably going to get sucked from my body at the same rate Rooibos will inject it.  i should remain at a functional temperature for a while yet.

Have a wonderful day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment