Monday, August 1, 2016

The weekend in Wellington

Hi,

We had another weekend in Wellington.  The weather up at Ruapehu was so bad that no day trip for my first skiing of the season was possible.  And now they have 2 m of snow up there!  Crazy weather!

We had a fairly quiet weekend in town.  Toby's old bed finally got picked up by someone so we have a bit of space in the garage now and can probably get the car back in there.

Wee Smudge is getting a bit more bold.  She roams around a bit more - but still dives off under the couch when someone walks in.  She has realised we eat around the dining table and that has become very interesting to her.  We spend a bit of time growling at her now.

Lamb with honeyed kumara mash and stuffing balls

Toby caught up with his mate Will.  They planned to meet at the local school.  We got there early and sat in the sun watching a family group play tennis.  I thought the woman watching with her back to us sounded like Yingjie.  And when I heard one of the boys was called Alex, I really thought it might be our friends.  But that Alex was so different, I discounted it.  Toby and I wandered around looking for Pokemon.  Then Yingjie and Alex came over to chat!  I couldn't believe it!  We swapped numbers and then Will arrived and I left Toby and Will to hang out.

Saturday night saw Mike off to the pub to watch the rugby and I watched a movie with Toby on Netflix.  We saw the recent Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.  With Megan Fox.  It was actually better than  I thought it would be.

Not a lot else happened over the weekend.  Weather was diabolical on Saturday and surprisingly good on Sunday.

Parent teacher interviews after work today.  That should be interesting.

Right.  Time for tea and the week to start.  Have an awesome week.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment