Thursday, August 11, 2016

The Wednesday with a good ride home

Hi,

We have had the two most stunning days ever.  And it is entirely possible that today (Thursday morning) is the best morning in the history of beautiful, clear, crisp mornings.  Only surpassed by one this good while tramping or skiing.

Anyway, let me get back to this morning a little later.  Last night after gym I rode home and slowly hauled in another cyclist on the hill.  I passed him on the steepest bit in the end.  Ooosshhh.  Got home and cooked tea for me and Toby.  Toby loved the chicken schnitzel - I even got a kiss for it.  The salad was amazing.  Roast kumara and red onion in maple syrup, with green beans and then spinach and thinly sliced pear.  Mmmmm.

Chicken schnitzel with pear and kumara salad

The salad - with garlic mayo

Mike got home not long after and ate his.  Then we chatted about a few things and I went to bed.  But I couldn't sleep.  I have this slight addiction to Lewis Road iced coffee and I might have had quite a bit before bed.  And then I woke up at 4am.  So I reckon I had about 5 hours sleep.  Oh dear.

And it is Ange's last day at work today.  So tired - and miserable at the prospect of not having Ange around to learn from and bounce ideas off.  And do the Stuff quiz.  Sigh.

I rode in this morning and actually had to stop to enjoy the view.  The harbour was spectacular looking, and the hills beyond have snow on them still.  So beautiful.  Like a tourist destination you see in postcards!

It was cold though.  I couldn't feel my hands.  I braked by determining how quickly the bike slowed down - not by pressure on my fingers.

Time for tea and then into the day!

Have a brilliant day.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment