Monday, August 29, 2016

The Weekend with Angela en route to Japan

So I'm guest posting while Angela's away. I'll keep you up to date with all the exciting comings and goings in our house and some news from Angela if I hear it.

Saturday I was still sick and coughing and spluttering. The Doctor has me on wicked strong meds though and as at today they're doing the job.  Angela was packing, and worrying about whether everything would fit in her bag, and if it mattered that her bag straps were falling apart.  But it all fit, and I think she has everything she needs.

Saturday night we went to Mama Browns for yummy decadent food...


... followed by Suicide Squad at Gold Lounge.  Reviews from the three of us were mixed.  I thought it was great.  If Cara Delevingne was to try to bewitch me into her zombie army I don't think I'd put up much resistance.

Sunday morning we saw Angela off on the plane. I think she's still on planes right now, after a brief stop in Auckland to buy duct tape to fix her bag.


What else does Angela talk about in these things?  Ah yes, cooking at home.  MyFoodBag was delivered right on time, giving us a great choice of meals for Sunday night - pan-fried fish with kumara and hollandaise; open lamb pie with broccoli and pea smash; or beef katsu with vege rice and sesame broccoli.

So we left it all in its boxes and had Indian takeaways.


Smudge was very interested in all this and in a moment of weakness I let her lick a drop or two of butter chicken sauce off a plastic lid.  She absolutely loved it. Later I caught her on the dining room table slurping on the remains.  I threatened to turn her into mittens.

We still managed to destroy the kitchen in spite of our lack of culinary effort.


I did clean it all up this morning though.  Honest.

OK so dinner, housework, weekend activities.  I think I ticked all the boxes.  Was that enthralling?

No comments:

Post a Comment