Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The Tuesday with not much

Hi,

Mike met up with Andrew after work, so I headed home and cooked tea.  The dinner was beef sliced over chips and with broccoli and mushrooms on the side.  I had decided to start making my meals vegetarian after Jane Goodall's explanation of her vegetarian status resonated with me.  She just said how much of Earth's resources were used to raise a kilo of beef versus a kilo of grain.  And you know what?  She's right.  Now I make vegetarian options when I can.

To aid in that, I have hit upon haloumi cheese in place of the meat Mike and Toby eat.  And tonight it worked perfectly.

Haloumi version of dinner

And the beef one


My meal was absolutely scrumptious.  Mike got home late and ate his and said it was exceptional.  Funny!  It was just steak and potatoes and some vege.  Isn't he easy to please?

He's off to Auckland for two days for work now.  Left early this morning and was on his flight by 6.30am.  It's just me and Toby for tonight.  And I have told him we're tidying his room!

Weather is wet.  But not too cold.  Hope your day is a good one too.

Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment