Thursday, August 10, 2017

The Wednesday with no Mike

Hi,

What an odd day yesterday without Mike around.  I did get to see two Andrews for an iced latte treat that was entitled "How to become a super athlete over an iced latte" by Andrew No. 1.  The Andrew No. 2 works with him and has a background in long distance triathlons and other endurance events.  He imparted some wisdom to me as I train up for Taupo.

Main things I noted were:

1.  I need to either train longer than the distance - or - train faster than the distance.  That was a good takeaway for me.

2.  I need a baseline of my resting heart rate to compare.  If I can talk while exercising, my rate is under.  If I can talk but I am breathless, my rate is good.  If I can't talk, my rate is over.  And get my standard and use that in training.

3.  Start now!

I like that saying I have seen recently.  "The best time to plant trees is twenty years ago.  The second best time is now."  [Disclaimer: I may be paraphrasing ]    Exercise is the same.

Toby came into work briefly after school for a sushi run.  He didn't enjoy the sushi as the woman made it with cucumber instead of avocado like we asked.  Doh!  He picked it out and managed to eat it.

I went to Spin after work (it is a 60 min session) and this instructor was evil.  No let up for the whole 60 mins.  Maybe he also subscribes to the longer and faster training method.  Certainly worked for me.  I am going again after work today.

I got home and cooked tea for Toby.  Chicken schnitzels.  Yum!

Mike went out on the town with friends in Auckland.  And sent me photos to make me jealous.  Hahahah.  Looked like fun.  He is due home this evening.

The King of Navarre got on our bus this morning.  Toby and I jumped for our phones to text Mike.  Such an exciting start to the day!  Woot!

Have an awesome day.

Love,
Angela



No comments:

Post a Comment