Monday, August 21, 2017

The weekend with work skiing

Hi,

What a great weekend.  Even if I did miss Toby for great portions of it.  Friday lunchtime saw Sreejith follow through on his commitment to the spin instructor to help take the class.  He was up front and centre and did soooooo well.  I couldn't have kept up that pace.  And he matched the instructor like they planned it!

Chenda and I left work and got our car out of Clifton Terrace and headed to the train station.  We put our gear in the van and headed to J'ville to swap to the van and collect the others.  Prasad and his family were in the van, along with Ariel and Gareth.

We had a slow drive up.  1 hour to Paekakariki.  Phew!  But we were in the lodge by 11pm.  After staying up to help Sreejith come up, it was 1am by the time I fell into bed.  And possibly drinking three cans of V in the evening wasn't my best idea.  I had to read for an hour before I fell asleep.

Up fairly early and away skiing.  I found Rex and Matt and skied with them for an hour before sticking to Tennants Valley for a while.  No crowds meant I could ski happily on the lower mountain and there was lovely snow.  But I headed up to the new Delta chair and enjoyed the Turtle run for the rest of the day.



Squinting against the sunshine!

Selfie having fun in the whiteout

Sreejith getting ready

And...with Scotty and they co-ordinate like they planned it!


By 2pm I was exhausted - never stopping for lunch or anything.  Wandered back to the lodge and read and maybe fell asleep for a bit.

Dinner was scrumptious.  Justin's wife Christelle and her friend cooked tea and Justin was the sous chef.  Roast vege, chicken and broccoli in mountains of cheese sauce with rice.  Mmmmm.

We headed down to Tussock at 7.30pm to meet the other work colleagues.  Sreejith has a 4WD Land Rover and it made light work of the thick snow.  But by the time we got to the pub, my workmates were leaving.

We headed back to their lodge and drank beer (well, some of us did), and played games.  Codenames is a new game I quite enjoyed.  I drove back up the hill and had fun trying to park in carpark 1 before giving up and going to carpark 2.

Another late night saw a late start to my ski day.  10am by the time I got my first run in.  But I headed up to Delta chair as soon as I could.  The sun came through a wee bit for my first few runs and the powder was fantastic!  Had a ball.

Came down early to help Mike with the packing up.  He had done pretty much everything so I got a well wanted shower.  It was slow getting everyone in the van and was 3.30pm by the time we left.  Picked up Chenda from the F&B lodge and headed home.

Prasad's wee daughter was car sick a lot.  Poor wee thing.  But she would puke into a bag her dad held, and then be chirpy happy enough.  Back home and I picked up groceries before collecting Mike from Lower Hutt where he had dropped off the van.

Awesome weekend!  Can't wait for more skiing now.  Better wash my gear - I have another trip this coming weekend to Mt Hutt with Andrew.  Woot!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment