Monday, June 29, 2020

The weekend with my mothers birthday

Hi,

Friday was Michelle's birthday - so I sent her a happy birthday text.  And saw her Instagram posts from the far north of Queensland where she lives now (although I think they went on a wee holiday a bit further north).  Looks like it is fun times for Michelle and Tim.  Good on them.

Sunday was my mother's birthday.  We all video chatted to her - she's just had her hips assessed and it now getting bumped up the queue due to her pain levels.  Here's hoping we get some good news about the waiting list and a date to aim at.

Veggie garden coming along nicely.  It's all that rain!

Moxley in the front garden

After the group PT session and New World grocery shopping for Mike and East Day Spa for me, we got home.  Iona arrived at 11.30am and I gathered a few things (I did shower in time too - just in case you were wondering) and we took off to have our picnic.

Picnic time!  South coast.

She does realise I can see what she's doing, right?

Feet and rock pools.  What more is needed?

Rams horns
I made the mistake of thinking the south coast would be much closer than any other beach for a picnic so Iona could get back for 3pm to the ferry.  But we went through town and got diverted around the top of Taranaki St and stuck in traffic.

Sigh.

We probably could have made it to Eastbourne faster.

But the south coast was lovely.  And we ate sandwiches courtesy of Col (who didn't come across for the funeral that Iona attended).  Wandered around the rock pools, poking at starfish and looking under rocks.

Iona dropped me home and headed to her ferry.

Tessa and Toby made carrot cake for Tessa's Dad (it's his birthday this week).  We all watched the new movie about Eurovision - the story of Fire Saga.  I was in the mood.  Laughed and laughed.

I have a warm lap for Moxley

When Moxley left my lap, Smudge decided to take over

Sunday saw a lot of Toby's mates around for the WWE2020 competition on XBox.  Ethan took the trophy home.  Mike and I decluttered my wardrobe.

OMG.  It was painful.

We have a lot of clothes for the clothes bin now.  And I have shelf space back.

Hope your week is a good one.  Andrew's birthday week.

Love,
Angela


Contact Register

Saturday June 27
Group PT session 8.30 - 9.30 Angela and Mike
Thorndon New World 9.45 - 10:30am  Mike
East Day spa 10.15 - 10.45 Angela
Tessa over
Iona to visit

Sunday June 28
Tessa over
WWE competition (Toby's mates) 12 - 4pm


No comments:

Post a Comment