Monday, June 22, 2020

The weekend with some celebration of Mike's brthday

Hi,


Saturday morning saw us up early for the group PT session and from there into the queue at Thorndon to WoF the trailer.  We'd checked carefully that the brake light on the driver's side was working and hoped it stayed like that for the WoF.

It did!

We dropped it back at Epuni and then caught up with Sally and Andrew for a quick coffee.  We'd picked up coffees to go from a place in Lower Hutt - Tūtaki, the new events centre cafe.  And Mike knocked on the front door of Sally and Andrew's place as she opened the door to head to Zany Zeus for coffee.

Magic timing!

New phone - and it's not even my birthday


Rushed back home and leapt in the shower and then out to the Master Kong restaurant in the old Wagamama place.  Had our own wee room for Yum Cha.  It was $39 for Yum Cha with no drinks, and $59 for bottomless Yum Cha and bottomless cocktails.  I think.  Anyway.  Mike and I had the $39 but he should have gone for the $59.  The cocktails were coming out fast for Janine, Ana and Daniel.  Allyson also went for $39.

It was very pleasant.  The vegetarian options the chef made for me to compensate for the meat options on the set Yum Cha menu were very good. Jackfruit curry - yummo!

Mike and I took Janine home - via Noel Leeming to pick up my new phone.  Woot!  Dropped Janine home and then I chilled out in the lounge, looking out at the wet, wet day.

Sunday - more rain.  I got my phone up and running.  An app copied everything over via WiFi.  Took a bit of time - but it worked well.

Toby and Tessa spent ages making the best cake ever for Mike's birthday.  Wow.  It was scrumptious.  Mike will insert a pic, I am sure.

Monday morning looking good!

Cauliflower is coming along nicely

Garden loves the recent rain

Manic iced coffee this morning (Monday)


I'd show you a few more pics - but my photos are syncing to somewhere in the cloud and it may be going from oldest to newest because my pics from this morning are not available for me to plonk in here yet.

The week ahead looms large.  A few things on.

Today was 9 years ago I started work at my last work place.  Wow.  Time is flying!  And in my new workplace, I am clocking up close to 3 months already.

Yep - time is zooming by.

Have a wonderful week.

Love,
Angela



Contact register:

Saturday June 20
Group PT session 8.30 - 9.30
Thorndon VTNZ 9.45 - 10.30
Epuni trailer drop off - saw Bev
Tūtaki cafe Lower Hutt - ~ 11.15am
Sally and Andrew's 11.20 - 12pm
Master Kong:  12.35 - 3pm
Noel Leeming Tory St:  3pm - 3.15pm

Sunday June 21
Tessa here - and we dropped her home after tea




No comments:

Post a Comment