Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Monday with a Mother's Day special

Hi,

The weather was pretty bad on Monday - lucky I was driving in.  At lunchtime I left work and drove to Scots (with Yingjie) to a special Mother's Day afternoon with the Year 5 and 6 classes.  It was really nice - I made a card with Toby (we were done in ten minutes flat - why it took 45 minutes for some mothers I am unsure) and then Toby read four books to me from their bookshelf.

After that all the mothers went for a cup of tea and some scones to Chartres Hall (where the boarders have their meals).  I chatted to Katy (Sam's mother) and we have arranged a playdate with Sam for Saturday.

I drove back to work and worked late to make up the time.  Home to do nothing and collapse into bed.

I rode in this morning in lovely conditions - the roads were mostly dry.  Mike rode in with me.  Cubs tonight so we have to get away on time.

Mike's parents head south again today - it has been great having them up here when they can step in and help us out when we need them.  Thanks!

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment