Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Wednesday with karate

Hi,

I worked a bit later than usual yesterday and went shopping at New World right beside the client office and Mike collected me and my bike.  He had deposited Toby and his mother at karate and nipped in to get me.  The weather was quite foul, with lashing rain.  We went back to karate and we watched Toby finish his lessons.

I drove Mike's mother home while Mike got stuck into the evening routine.  The weather had eased a little for my drive fortunately.

I fell asleep while Mike was reading - he was still thinking hard after working on Cubs stuff till quite late and needed to unwind.  I unwound in two seconds flat!

This morning's ride in was wet, but not from rain.  Just surface water from overnight rain.  I stayed quite dry really.  But the skies are leaden and the harbour was a churning gun-metal grey.  The churning came from the driving southerly which buffeted me quite bit.  Yes - it is a typical Wellington winter's day.  Yet not too cold.  My legs and fingers are still perfectly warm.

Tonight is user group night and I have asked Mike to come and collect me afterwards.  I may be a little soft.  Toby needs to finish a homework project off and I need to pack for the weekend.

I am off with a friend (Christine) to St Arnaud for the weekend.  We have a ferry crossing tomorrow at 6pm.  This will make for a late night by the time we get to St Arnaud.  I intend to have the radio on loudly.  This may not be favourable for Christine.  Oops.  We'll manage.  If the weather clears, perhaps some walking down there.  Otherwise I will read - a lot!

Have a great day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment