Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Tuesday with Cubs

Hi,

What a great night at Cubs.  It started with me riding my bike to Intergen and walking back to Wagamama with Mike.  We ordered for ourselves and Toby and waited for the arrival of food and the boys (Jack was with Toby).  Kevin was going to drop them into town for us.  Cubs was at the Fergs climbing wall.  All good.  A great Gilbert plan in action.

However, time past and Mike and I finished our meal.  We waited for the boys.  Nothing.  Mike left to get to Fergs at 6pm when other Cubs might start arriving.  I stayed at Wagamama.  And waited.  And waited.  Eventually I texted another Cub leader (Mike had left his phone at home) to find out what was happening and Mike rang me back immediately on her phone.

Turns out Kevin had dropped Toby and Jack straight off at Fergs.  And the bedlam of getting 25 Cubs sorted with payment and climbing gear was proving tricky for Mike to get word to me.  So I enjoyed a quiet time at Wagamama staring at Toby's meal and wondering how much food I could possibly get through on my own until I was summoned to Fergs.  When I got there, there was no bedlam at all.  Choice!

Home to bed - and Mike might be getting a wee bit sick.  We shall see.  He is super busy at work so he might need to recharge batteries.  Lucky he has a super long weekend this weekend.  Queens Birthday plus two teacher only days for Toby.  Mike has a 5 day weekend!

I will ride to karate tonight after work.  And probably ask Mike to take me home before I freeze in the draughty hall.  We're expecting Toby to get his certificate tonight for passing his last grading!  Ooooo.

Have a marvellous day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment