Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Monday with nothing

Hi,

I loved my ride down the hill this morning - the day is windy but dry and there are no clouds to speak of.  I pedalled furiously down the hill, with little in the way of braking to keep speed up, and got a new top speed - 62.5.  Nice!  I think that might just do me on that road.  Maybe I now have to aim at a new top speed on say, the Ngauranga Gorge!  That has an 80 k limit.

I rode home with Mike last night after work.  He gave me all his things to carry, and I had my groceries!  Hence he did beat me up the hill.  But it is all conditioning me even more, is it not?  And when he gets a load to carry up, and I have little, I'll shoot past him to a glorious finish!  Hahahahah.  I think the tramping and the running with Toby is doing him some good!  Toby has Mike out every night running.  I am not terribly sure why they are doing that.

Toby is very excited because today (Tuesday) is the day with the author, Andy Griffiths, visits Scots College.  Toby has a book for him to sign and money to buy a new book of his.

Mike took cartons to the Scout Hall last night just in case tonight is cancelled again.  At the moment the weather looks great for our walk into the bush for a (very small, well-contained) bonfire (that is really just a wee campfire).  But if not, our emergency fallback plan is box building in the Scout Hall.

Have a fabulous day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment