Monday, May 28, 2012

The weekend with a conference and a lazy Sunday

Hi,

A weekend of contrasts for sure.  Saturday morning I was up early and I think that definitely woke Mike up earlier than he was anticipating for a Saturday morning.  He had been up late too - poor chap.  Anyhow, Mike drove me into town to the train station where I met Aidan T and Christine for breakfast.  Christine and I were attending a Womens Conference, along with Vivienne.  Aidan had her own conference agenda at Te Papa - more aligned to her studies than her gender.

We met Vivienne at the conference and we all seemed to enjoy ourselves.  The highlight of my day was the session called "How to look good with your clothes on" because the woman running it (Lisa O'Neill) was hilarious.  Laughed a lot during that 45 minutes!  She has a one day workshop on in June and I am tempted to go along for nothing other than a good laugh.  And if I learn more about clothes, that would merely be a bonus!  Funny!

Other sessions were about communication with your partner, how to win, how to be healthier (Vivienne and I thought he was a bit too flakey for us but Christine seemed keen to try) and how to declutter.  All good stuff.

Mike collected me and Christine and we wandered back home.

Sunday saw Mike hacking at ivy in the back yard before heading into work for the day.  He's a busy boy.  I stayed at home with Toby and tidied the house.  Toby wanted to head up to Waikanae to play with Duncan and Emerson but they were busy.  In the end, we found William available for a playdate and Toby's disappointment subsided somewhat.  Well, I got the house clean and tidy - always a good thing for the weekend.  Especially as we're away for a lot of it next weekend.

The ride in this morning was windy!  Wow.  But it was a northerly so it didn't cause me too much concern.  And the rain had stopped - it rained a lot of yesterday.

Have a fantastic week.
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment