Monday, May 7, 2012

The weekend with no Mike

Hi,

What a great weekend.  I started by winning the draw at work at 5pm for movie tickets and then I drove to Rex and Charm's house for a nice cup of tea.  This was followed by a cook book fundraising launch at their local school where I ate yummy samples from the book and won another draw prize.  Choice!  Thanks for the invitation, Charm!

When I got home, it was quite late.  Say, around 10pm.  I fluffed around upstairs getting ready for bed.  Eventually I crept down to the bed expecting to try to get in and find a space (Friday is the night Toby sleeps with us after watching a movie) and was astonished to see no one in the bed. I looked around.  Signs of previous life (empty pizza boxes, and full ones).  What has happened?  My mind was just beginning to envisage Toby rushed to casualty after choking on pizzas or something when I heard Mike cough.  Are they hiding from me???

Nope - Mike had just dropped Toby off for a sleepover at Alex's house (Alex had stayed after school to watch a movie and eat pizza - what kid wouldn't?).  Ah.  We went to sleep and got up early to get Mike away on an impromptu tramp with Andrew into the Orongaronga Valley and over into the Wairarapa.  Toby arrived not long after and we drove out to Sally's place.  We left Toby there and I dropped Andrew and Mike off at the Catchpool carpark.

Back to Sally's to check up on him.  Sally was home to sort him out so I went to my day spa appointment and had a good time relaxing there.  Back to collect Toby and into town for Johnny's playdate at our place.  However, they must have forgotten so we had a pleasant afternoon and evening.  I made chicken schnitzels for tea (Toby's favourite) and we watched The Wilderness Family (Toby knows how to choose a movie his mother likes).

Next morning was glorious so we collected William for his playdate early and drove to Maccas at Paraparaumu for breakfast.  I sang all the way and Toby and William chatted excitedly in the back seat.  They ate everything and played in the playground before we went to Waikanae Beach for a while.  They ate ice creams and I read whilst contemplating life and nature.  It was lovely.


The view was great at the end of my legs!  I could see Kapiti Island and the sea was so calm.  The boys chased huhu grubs in the sand and I enjoyed my book and watching the people walk past.

A wee diversion to the Tabor household turned into a long diversion when it turned out they were home after all.  We chatted for a bit and the boys played a Nerf war when Josh and Duncan got back from their walk with Lulu.  Aidan got her birthday present (a wee bit early, but who knows when I'll see her before then with her frantic schedule) and we drove back via Lower Hutt to collect Mike.

Mike had a wonderful tramp and I heard about it as we went back to collect Johnny for his re-arranged playdate.  All three boys played and wandered down to the park at the bottom of the street.  So I read while they played.  Great fun!  T-shirt weather still!  Until the sun dipped behind the hill at 4.30pm and I pulled my Icebreaker jersey on (and plucked out Lulu hairs from the recent visit).

Back up home to find Mike working hard and the boys all got collected and we ate dinner.  After dinner Mike and Toby went for a run!  Mad fools.  And I ironed.  Mad fool!

The weather is so wonderful again today.  The ride in was very nice, thank you very much.  The moon set was lovely.  It was a perigee moon (closest in the elliptical orbit to us) and looked great low down on the horizon.

Have a fantastic week!
Love,
Angela


No comments:

Post a Comment