Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Tuesday with Andy Griffiths

Hi,

What a difference a day makes here in Wellington.  Yesterday the roads were as dry as toast and I could pedal furiously and get a new top speed.  This morning the rain got in my eyes, the roads flicked up all manner of road juice into my face, the wind impeded rather than helped and I got to work absolutely soaked.  But, yet, somehow I enjoyed it.  Go figure that out.  And once you understand, enlighten me.

Last night we had a wonderful Cubs evening.  We met at the end of Karori and walked into Sam's Gully for a campfire.  We left the road end at 6.50pm so by the time we had a good fire going and Cubs were standing up to tell jokes, it was 7.40pm already!  Time for a quick toasting marshmallows and damper and I rushed back to the road end to assure parents that their Cubs were on their way - just delayed a little.  The weather was so warm I only wore my Cub shirt.

Anyhow, we were tucked up in bed when it started to rain - so the timing was perfection itself.  Of course, I don't think it stopped raining at all, hence the wet ride in this morning.

Toby listened to Andy Griffiths at school yesterday and really enjoyed it.  He has a new book signed by him, and is very chuffed.

Did I tell you Toby stayed up until 1am on Sunday night reading the second Harry Potter book?  Cheeky monkey that he is!  Mike and I wonder where he gets that trait from.  Heheheh.  So long as he lives with the (tired) consequences, it is fine by us.  No moaning about lack of sleep.  So now we have to sneak in after lights out to see if we can catch him reading sneakily.

Have a marvellous day!
Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment