Monday, January 5, 2015

The Monday back at work

Hi,

What a great Christmas break.  I can't possibly do it justice.  So I won't bother trying.  Here is a summary.  We had a great Christmas Eve together.  We got our last minute things and Aidan popped in with her mother for a while.  I got a spa appointment from Aidan and a hand knitted woolly hat from Susan.  Toby got an awesome t-shirt (and exercise book) from the boys.

I got a hat for winter from Susan!  Thanks.
We made our contributions for the Christmas lunch.  So we had it out of the way for Christmas morning itself.

Christmas Eve
Mike's mother came around for Christmas Eve and we sang Christmas carols around the piano.  Made me happy, although I think Mike's mother would have appreciated singing that was in tune.  Enthusiasm doesn't really make up for lack of talent in the singing arena.

Christmas morning was lovely.  Toby woke up at 4.30am but we convinced him to go back to sleep.  He did!  Second Christmas morning was much easier to handle.  We put on Christmas carols and opened presents.  Great fun.

We drove over to Sally and Andrew's house for lunch and caught up with loads of family.

Dessert table

Mike going back for seconds

Toby looking festive

Ham.  Mmmmmm.


Our contribution for lunch

Aidan carved the yummy ham and beef and we all tucked in.  And tucked in.  And maybe even tucked in a bit more.


 I stayed later than Mike and Toby, enjoying the food and company.  Eventually I took Christine and Brian home and went home myself.  Madly packed (although Mike had done some) and fell into bed.  Up early for the flight to Auckland and then onto Brisbane.  Karen and Scott met us and we joined slow traffic north out of Brisbane for two hours.

Got to Peregian Springs and immediately felt at home.  Mum and Dad are good (Dad was at work when we got there).  Swimming was on the agenda every day.  As was eating.  And shopping.

Just Dance moves.  Toby shows how it's done.  And gets the high score, much to Abby and Tyler's surprise

Second Christmas at Peregian Springs

Lots of swimming

Out for dinner

Hot work, sleeping in Queensland

We went into Noosa for a walk and brunch.  I had a great iced coffee at Gaston.  Very good.  The next day we came back for a surf lesson.  Me, Toby, Tyler and Abby.  I was possibly the most hopeless.  But I had such a great time.  The sea was as warm as a bath.

Great Iced Coffee at Gaston in Noosa


Noosa beach

On our walk

Aussie World highlight for me - Ben and Jerry's ice cream
We also got to Aussie World.  On a really hot day.  I was happy to find Ben and Jerry's ice cream there.  A coffee flavoured tub hit the spot.

Aussie World
We're about to eat chocolate!


After a week, it was time to come home.  Toby and I left with Karen and Scott (Tyler and Abby were staying longer with Mum and Dad).  We drove to the airport and got there super early.  It was so relaxing!

Toby at the airport coming home
Andrew looking pensive

Mike collected us from the airport and even at 1am I could tell the front garden was incredible.  Mike and his mother had wrestled it into a lovely garden again.  Thank you so much! What a lovely surprise.  By the time I fell asleep it was 2am Wellington time. Made getting up tricky business. But we had to get up for another family celebration at Sally and Andrew's place.  This time it was for Helen's 80th birthday.  What a great day!  Speeches, food, loads of family to talk to.  People I had only seen in photos.  I loved it.

Col and I have no idea where the camera lens is.  In our defense, it is dark.  In my defense, I have none.  It's my camera!

I wore a dress

Next day was another day of excitement.  I had my spa appointment with Aidan.  We got our toes done and the massage on my feet was delicious.  We went for lunch to Yum Cha and drove around a bit in the car.  Nice weather for a drive in the convertible.  Took some photos of my toes.  Aidan stomped on my toes to flatten them for the photo.  I often stand with my toes up - not sure why.  She didn't think it was how they should look for the toe photo.


Aidan stomping on my toes.  

My toes match my outfit perfectly

Driving in the wee green car was fun in the sun!

Toby was invited for a sleepover to the Tabor household.  So Mike and I got grocery shopping out of the way and dropped and collected bikes.  Home to eat and then ironing and then bed.

This morning was hard to drag myself out of bed and to work.  Ooooo.  The shock of it all.

2015.  Ooossshhh!  Here it comes.

Have a fantastic year.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment