Monday, January 26, 2015

The weekend that was rather relaxing

Hi,

What a great weekend.  I made it through the Friday at work - helped by an iced coffee at Mixed Business with Mary.  Good!

Then I rode home and collected Toby and the car and then drove into town to collect Mike, Sally and Andrew.  We went to their house to order fish n chips and then went to eat them on Petone beach.
Iced coffee with Maryanne at Mixed Business

It was such a lovely evening.  People were swimming.  I was tempted.  We also bumped into Andrew's friend Michelle and her family, doing the same!

Tucking in!


Toby looking gorgeous

Nom, nom

Eventually we headed to Sally and Andrew's place for a cup of tea and to see all the photos from their recent trip down south.  Andrew is almost finishing blogging about it.  It just looked amazing.

Driving home after a cup of tea


We drove home into the sunset and I had to stop for a photo.  Wellington just looking stunning.

Next day was lazy for me.  Lazy.  I read a lot Friday night and only had a few hours sleep.  Ooops..  And Mike had to head into town to get some work done.  So Toby and I did the bare minimum at home before I dropped him off at Isaac's house for a sleepover.  They took him to see Nitro Circus!  How lucky was he?

Mike came home and we left for Oriental Thai for Celia's birthday!  Great fun seeing loads of people.

Thai panorama

From there we headed to The Library.  I had a virgin mule and Mike got some salted caramel cocktail.  We all had something pretty fun!

Ange, me and Celia show off our cocktails from The Library.  Mike chops our heads off.  It was dark.

Then we went through Boogie Wonderland to a bar at the back called Alice (from Alice in Wonderland) and had more drinks.  Well, I drank water.  Mike had a cocktail served in a tea pot.  A Mad Hatter, possibly.
Mike at Alice bar.  I love that he looks like he's plugged into the Matrix!

 Then we danced for two songs at Boogie Wonderland (well, I held some bags) and left for the first karaoke bar.  We sang there for two hours before it closed and then we found another one open for another hour!  Fun!

At 4am I asked Mike to come with me to the south coast behind the airport and look for the aurora.  Never saw it but it was a lovely night to sit in the convertible watching the stars.

Karaoke - Mike channels Brent and touches noses

Up early the next morning after only 4 hours sleep and Ilske came and collected me for our exciting day.  She has bought a new car.  A Suzuki Jimny.  Great wee car.  We went to Greytown in the Wairarapa and had lunch at the French bakery and then wandered up and down the street, poking into shops.  Tried an iced coffee at Main St Deli and then drove to the south coast beach, past Wharekauhau.

Iced coffee at Main St Deli in Greytown

Even convinced Ilske to have one.  Shame it was only a 6.5

Ilske's new car on the south coast

The day was superb.  Possibly even better than the time I was there with Aidan for our bike ride.  We took some nice photos of Ilske and her car and then wandered down to the beach.  Ilske didn't want me to drive through the rough ford to the end of the road.  Shame.  It looked like fun.

Selfie on the south coast


The horizon is crooked but I'm not!

Waves lapping over my feet

My feet out-stun the view!

We drove back to town and enjoyed the singing the the weather.  I eventually got the boys out of the house and to the supermarket for family dinner.

Unloaded groceries at Sally's place and the BBQ tea was great.  That lamb steak was so juicy.

Back home to iron and fall into bed in a coma.  Not enough sleep the last few nights.  All self inflicted, so don't be sympathetic.

My run this morning was a personal best time.  Yay!  On track for a fast run in the Kapiti Women's Triathlon (just doing the duathlon).  Woot!

Have a lovely week.  The good weather looks set to continue here for a bit longer.  Everyone is talking about it.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment