Friday, January 16, 2015

The Thursday with Mike packing

Hi,

I had to go to the airport yesterday afternoon to collect a new work colleague and his wife and daughter.  They arrived from Melbourne (originally from India) into Wellington at 3.30pm.  They were bringing 4 suitcases and a bike in a travel box.  So, I asked Mike to put the rooftop box on to absorb the luggage and we had a bike rack in the car anyway.

I thought it might take them some time to get through customs because they are immigrating.  So, I joined the huge crowd waiting.  Two flights had got in.  Eventually the crowd thinned out and I was left with three other people.  We were scattered over the arrivals area.

It got close to an hour after their flight had touched down and still no sign.  I watched a young guy come out with just his carry on day pack and greet one of the waiting people and he said "They lost my luggage".  I began to have inklings of what might be happening.

Then a customs official came out and looked at the few remaining people and zeroed in on me.  "Angela?" he asked?  Yes.  Uh oh.  Is the new chap some drug smuggling kingpin and he had his 4 suitcases filled with something exotic?  Is his bike riddled with super germ resistant bugs?  But the customs chap said they had lost some luggage and they'd be out soon.

Eventually they came out and they only had carry on.  Every single bag was missing.  And the bike.  Probably racking up the air miles in a fancy trip to Santiago or something.  It was a very easy trip into town to take them to their accommodation.  Poor people.  But they seemed absolutely fine.  Lovely.  I hope they settle into Wellington nicely.

I collected Mike from work and we headed home to have tea.  Then Mike and I went grocery shopping.  Mike was in a funny mood.  We giggled around the supermarket.  Back home and Mike finished packing for his tramping weekend.  Should be awesome!

Almost finished the Taupo race

I downloaded some photos from the internet of my race day around Taupo.  I don't look too bad in a lot of them.  Hahahah.  In this one, I only have about 700m to ride.  I;m pretty happy by this point!

We have a long weekend this weekend.  Monday off.  Toby and I have loads of tasks to get through.  I hope I make a dent in the list.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment