Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The Monday with nothing

Hi,

Well, the day was going ok when Toby's friend's mother texted and asked if Toby was coming to play or not.  By this stage it was 2 hours past when Toby said he'd be there.  So I called him on his cellphone.  No answer.  Called the landline - no answer.  This isn't good.  I rang Mike.  He rang both numbers.  No answer.  He's not home and he's not at his friend's house.  Panic ensued, despite Mike telling me not to panic.

But Toby's friend's mother went to our house and Toby had fallen asleep.  Great.  Sort of.  Toby got such a telling off.  He's on trial for all manner of behaviour now.

I rode home at the end of the day and got in the wee green car and went and collected him.  Went back home and cooked tea for Mike and Toby.  We ate tortillas and I shredded chicken and filled them with cheese, avocado, red onion and chilli flakes.  They were yummy.  Even that last really crispy one Mike got.  Hahahah.  Poor Mike.  But the boys said it was nice.

I popped out to buy groceries.  Being away weekend after weekend means the house needs a good clean and there were no groceries.  Toby luxed (part of him trying to be good).

Kirsty has put some photos up of the trip at the weekend.  Here are some of them.

Climbing the second steep bit.  Me, Jo and Julie (you can see Vivienne's head just below me)

Devils Staircase

A panorama

Today my ride in was lovely.  It wasn't raining so much as low cloud I was riding through.  The roads were dry and I reached 60 km/hr on the way down the hill.  I remember when I celebrated when I hit 50 for the first time.

Andrew has reached Blenheim on his amazing journey up the South Island.  I have enjoyed watching his posts on Facebook as he tackled amazing territory on his ride.

Time to get stuck in.  Busy day today.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment