Wednesday, January 21, 2015

The Monday with nothing

Hi,

I was about to ride home from work yesterday when I realised that the broken lifts meant I needed the door lock combination from the stairwell to the basement.  That code was in my old phone.  So I hunted for someone that might know it.  Texted Mike.  No response.  Went to find the receptionist.  She wasn't there.  But 10 new grads were.  So someone asked if I could take them to level 1.  Fortunately Mike texted me the number then.  So I went down the stairs with 10 grads trailing behind, stringing out.  By the time I got to level 1, there was only one grad behind me.  I think I may have lost 9 grads.  Uh oh.

Mike then texted me that he was driving home and did I want a lift.  Sure!  I rode up Bowen St and up The Terrace to the car park.  I rode around looking for the car.  Couldn't find it.  And then I noticed a car pacing behind me.  Stalking me.  I stopped and looked.  It was Mike, grinning from ear to ear.  We put my bike on and drove home.

I cooked tea while the boys mowed the lawn.  Yes, I know.  It is split along gender lines.  Never mind.  But Toby told me it was the best spaghetti Bolognese ever!  I may have perfected it.  This might be the peak.  Never to be reached again!

Mike and I chatted happily in the kitchen before having a bath.  Had a great night sleep and a great run this morning too.  And my bike ride in was fantastic.  Brilliant.  It is lovely here today.

Wellington on a good day


Toby got Tyler and Abby's postcards

We got postcards in the mail for Toby from Tyler and Abby.  Toby was impressed with their neat writing.  He really misses them.

My bloodshot eye

And I got a bloodshot eye yesterday morning.  Not sure when or how.  But I like the selfie eye photo.  My eye looks wild!  Hahahah.

Have a marvellous day.  I need a tea.

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment