Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The Tuesday with annual leave

Hi,

It was the best idea ever to take Toby's last day of school holidays off and sort stuff out.  We got up early and had a nice breakfast at Bethel Woods.  From there, Toby and I went to get his haircut.  He looks so gorgeous now.

Toby had decided what he wanted to do more than anything on a day off with his mother, was to spend it with Emerson and Duncan.  So I didn't get a look in after 9.30 when I dropped him at the docks to meet Jackie and the boys.  She was taking them over to Days Bay for a swim.

I jumped in the car and headed to Scots to get a few things for Toby's uniform and term 1.  That went really well and I was back in town by 10.45am.

I collected Aidan from work and we went to lunch (early) at La Cloche.  It was so good.  I haven't seen Aidan for ages, so I was chatting away to her.  I'm surprised her ear didn't fall off.

Aidan eating escargot

Scrumptious!

I think Aidan's face more reflects concern with me taking photos while she eats, rather than the thing she is eating causing any concerns.  The escargot were really yummy.  Aidan loved the garlic butter and dipped bread into it afterwards.  It was so good.  I had an iced coffee, but there was something missing.  it was only a 5 or a 6 at best.  Aidan liked the place so we'll try and get back, and I can check if this was a one-off iced coffee fail, or just their interpretation.  Andrew and I ordered iced coffee aplenty in France, although it had a different name.  Cafe liegeois.  Maybe that's what I need to ask her in this establishment.


Cafe glace.  Without the accents on the e's.  But it was ok.  I've tasted better in France.

I dropped Aidan off at work and was home before midday.  The washing machine repairer was due between 12 and 4.  I weeded while waiting.  Nothing.  Then later in the afternoon I got a call to collect Jackie and the boys from the docks.  They had got back to Wellington after swimming and lunch over there.  Nipped down the hill but Mike told me that the repairer was coming in 10 mins.

So everyone had to wait at our place until he came and was done.  Washing machine works like a charm again.  I dropped Jackie and the boys at their place and came back and did more weeding.  Then I collected Aidan from work (after trying to make myself slightly more presentable after weeding in the hot sun for ages) and had a cup of much-needed tea at her place.

Grabbed Toby and got home and cooked tea for us.  Got all Toby's school stuff ready.  Panicked about his blazer at the dry cleaners still, but Mike was back in town and nipped in and got it.  Thank goodness.

This morning seems to have gone well.  Which is surprising for the first day back at school.  But I think the day off where I organised things paid off.

Yay!

Have a lovely day.  I'm running at lunchtime with Mary.  Bit worried about that!  But my run this morning was fast and good!

Love,
Angela







1 comment:

  1. Cafe Glace is just coffee and ice. Cafe Liegois has cream and yummy things. So yes, order the Liegois next time.

    ReplyDelete